• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Reunited, and it feels so good!

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
@webchirp

Long time no talk lol

I have 2x2s on the idea list too. I join an Aviary Design page on Facebook for some ideas and material suggestions. I’d like to keep the light in the middle (but a flat one), but if I split the room it’s gonna have to go. I hope your foot feels better soon!

@MommyBird

Thank you I looked them up the cage bar spacing they have listed might be to big but I’m gonna give them a call to see if they can do smaller :D already made panels would definitely be easier!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
If you don't want wood, you can do aluminum framing and just screw the mesh to it. Just make sure you get something in between like a piece of plexi strip. Stainless to aluminum can corrode from the two metals touching.

You have to dig a bit but they have a roll of .05 x .05 stainless for $600

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
If you don't want wood, you can do aluminum framing and just screw the mesh to it. Just make sure you get something in between like a piece of plexi strip. Stainless to aluminum can corrode from the two metals touching.

You have to dig a bit but they have a roll of .05 x .05 stainless for $600

Wow, had never heard about that. Is the aluminium-SS a problem inside as well? We have an aviary inside where we screwed the wire directly onto the aluminium frame.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Wow, had never heard about that. Is the aluminium-SS a problem inside as well? We have an aviary inside where we screwed the wire directly onto the aluminium frame.
I think you have to be careful with it getting wet. A friend mentioned it to me.
"When aluminum and stainless steel come into contact with each other, there is a risk of galvanic corrosion. This type of corrosion happens when the metals are exposed to a liquid, like water, because electricity is conducted between the stainless steel cathode and the aluminum anode."

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome back. I do remember you. I am glad your life is going well and you are back with your babies. Pre-made panels has the advantage
of being easily undone if your situation changes.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome back! Glad everyone made it back safely :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
welcomeback.gif
So good to see you again! And I'm glad for your happy reunion!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
@Erikalynnha I just reused some corrugated clear roof panels. I had to clip Rue again since Tosh messed up her feathers, she drops like a rock trying to get away from her. And trying to open the view bit more. So I removed a curtain panel and hung a temporary piece between Tobias and Rocco on a stainless steel clothesline. He’s a grumpy old man and it is too easy to jump from his cage to Tobias and vice versa.

D5A021B6-189B-4CDF-BC75-87103BB9A0F9.jpeg

F790F5B3-D725-4ACF-B60C-D7C4ABAEF35F.jpeg

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Welcome back and Nice to meet Erika!

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
@webchirp

Oh I like that! Are they long? I’ll have to see if they have them at our Lowe’s or Home Depot (we are in the middle of nowhere so it’s hard to find stuff). My husband wanted to build a wall in between to separate them and give them mini rooms but there is a heat /ac vent on one side. I don’t wanna close it off for the other birds especially since I think it will become a furnace here in the summer.

We keep going 1 step forward 2 steps back :banghead: I know we’ll figure something out. I’m thinking mesh cages with a gap so they don’t touch and maybe run a curtain between if they start threatening each other.

I was also thinking getting a walk-in aviary (I’ll still be able to go in and hang out with them) for Bean and Papaya and using a curtain divider to close their area off when I let little birds out. Uchtred and Lennerd won’t eat thru a curtain like the other two but it would need to still touch ceiling to floor.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
@webchirp

Oh I like that! Are they long? I’ll have to see if they have them at our Lowe’s.
yes they come in 8, 10, 12 feet or more. I cut them with my stainless steel wire cutters. Then drilled a hole and slid the plastic toy hook through. I’m going to mix things up with these and wire panels.
id like to try sliding doors for cages so the doors slide open in the room at birdie time out.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You can also go to a fabric store, and pick up the clear plastic that people use on top of tablecloths, sells by the foot and usually in 3 different thicknesses. Just attach to walls, and super easy to wash off any murder juices. We made our greenhouse of it and have been using it now for 5 years running with just replacing the odd panel. It’s just out on the balcony. Ours are 60” wide each and we have attached to irrigation pipes with Velcro. Again easy on and off.

welcome back!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You can also go to a fabric store, and pick up the clear plastic that people use on top of tablecloths, sells by the foot and usually in 3 different thicknesses. Just attach to walls, and super easy to wash off any murder juices. We made our greenhouse of it and have been using it now for 5 years running with just replacing the odd panel. It’s just out on the balcony. Ours are 60” wide each and we have attached to irrigation pipes with Velcro. Again easy on and off.

welcome back!
I could wrap my whole house up like grandma's sofa!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Welcome back