• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RESOURCE: Weaning Baby Parrots - Association of Avian Veterinarians Handout

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Check out this great new handout from the Association of Avian Veterinarians. I was happy to be involved in this project by providing some of the pictures of the weaning parrotlets and caiques.

The text is wonderful and instructive. It is down to the letter how I raise my birds. Pat Pecora did a wonderful job writing it and I know that it was reviewed and approved by some of the best professionals in the Avian Veterinarian Community.

This is going to be a wonderful resource for veterinarians to provide for their clients and patients and it is accessible to everyone. You can download it here.

Weaning Handout.jpg

Additional Resources can be found on the Bird Owner Resources Page.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Laurie!! The caique babies in the Cheerio bowl made my night! :heart2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The baby macaw at the bottom is my Freya. After she saw Chichi for the issue with his toe, Dr. Lamb asked me for a picture of a baby macaw being hand-fed because she was working on a publication about it. I sent her one of Chichi and one of Freya. Freya is the one they ended up using.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
The baby macaw at the bottom is my Freya. After she saw Chichi for the issue with his toe, Dr. Lamb asked me for a picture of a baby macaw being hand-fed because she was working on a publication about it. I sent her one of Chichi and one of Freya. Freya is the one they ended up using.
That is awesome! It is fun to be included :)

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie