• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescues in South West Missouri?

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I've been searching everywhere for a rescue, I'm looking into a GCC in the future, but the only ones I can find are at a local parrot store. I love that store and they take great care of their birds, but I want to look at rescues to save a bird. I have searched and searched, but I can't find any parrot rescues in southwest Missouri. Any recommendations? I'm willing to go almost anywhere in the south half of Missouri, and around Missouri.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I dont know Missouri.. Burge bird rescue is in Grandveiew,,,dont know how far that is from you,..Dr.Juilie is awesome, I support her, and send donations to her..you can look her up and call, that is, if shes not to far.

Aves

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I dont know Missouri.. Burge bird rescue is in Grandveiew,,,dont know how far that is from you,..Dr.Juilie is awesome, I support her, and send donations to her..you can look her up and call, that is, if shes not to far.
Oh wow, this rescue has a beautiful gcc. :eek::heart: The rescue is pretty far up near Kansas city, but I will probably be heading up that way sometime in the next few months and a visit to the rescue wouldn't be out of the way. Assuming they allow visitors with COVID.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Oh yeah, I was considering that. I'll have to do more research, but If I do get a GCC he/she wouldn't be in the same room as my cockatiel, we have a big house with plenty of rooms but I know they can still be affected that far away sharing the same airspace of a house. There are people in my house who have bad allergies, and even I have some minor allergies. Sunni (the cockatiel) hasn't made anyone break out or have a reaction, his dust doesn't seem as bad as some other dust birds. I bathe him every other day, and If I had a GCC we would have at least an air purifier and/or humidifier in the same room as Sunni and the same room as the gcc. I know it depends on the bird, but It will be at least 3 months before a gcc, or a year, or 5, or never. It's hardly a consideration at this point. I just posted this thread so I have sources for the future.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Oh yeah, I was considering that. I'll have to do more research, but If I do get a GCC he/she wouldn't be in the same room as my cockatiel, we have a big house with plenty of rooms but I know they can still be affected that far away sharing the same airspace of a house. There are people in my house who have bad allergies, and even I have some minor allergies. Sunni (the cockatiel) hasn't made anyone break out or have a reaction, his dust doesn't seem as bad as some other dust birds. I bathe him every other day, and If I had a GCC we would have at least an air purifier and/or humidifier in the same room as Sunni and the same room as the gcc. I know it depends on the bird, but It will be at least 3 months before a gcc, or a year, or 5, or never. It's hardly a consideration at this point. I just posted this thread so I have sources for the future.
Is this a bad idea? Is it still a risk even with an air purifier and humidifier in both rooms, seperate rooms, Sunni bathing every day and so on? Could they still have playtime together?
I would like both of them to be in our main room a lot though, Is this a possibility? The main room is about 35 feet or across, If I needed to seperate them upstairs.

I would love to have them both play on my PVC play gym castle sometimes, but I could always make a second one to put on the opposite side of the room if the one playgym wasn't safe for both of them.
The cages would both stay downstairs, (The main room is upstairs) but they would be in opposite sides, switching between one in my bedroom and one in the downstairs game room. (Probably the air purifier by the GCC and the humidifier by the cockatiel)

Would this set up be OK?
Thanks so much everyone for the input and suggestions!