• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescued ringneck

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Update
Today he is a little bit brighter
Sorry no pictures full on busy day
He is currently been feed pellets and a mix of fruit and vegetables in the morning as he isn't quite eating I have been hand feeding him baby bird formula with some cayenne pepper
Which he dosent like it but seems to enjoy eating ❤
We are naming him MOKA
Which translates to chance as this is his chance to
Feel better be loved and this Is is time to be a loved bird
Thank you everyone for help and support
I will upload and try to keep this post up to date and let everyone know his recovery and how he is going from what we know and his time will be a road to recovery he has lots of healing
His eye is probably something we have told may be something that will heal funny but it dosent bothers me as long as hes happy pain free that all that matters​

Attachments

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
UPDATED
30TH
NIGHT MOKA IS EATING
YAY
WE THOUGH HE WAS ON A DOWN SPIRAL AS HE HAD NO INTEREST IN ANY FOOD WHAT SO EVER TODAY SO I STARTED FEEDING HIM LIKE A BABY AND THEN I BROUGHT SOME SUNFLOWER SEEDS AND HE EATING (NOT GOOD LONG TERM )
BUT LETS BUILD HIM UP !!​

Attachments

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
He is looking much more attentive and bright.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
He is looking much more attentive and bright.
I know so we are on the right path :)
I will however if hes not eating too much seeds feed him formula with the cayenne pepper (do you think that sounds good )
He will get spark liquid daily for his stress I will drop the dose to once a week after hes quarantined
We have put some sprouts on we did give him this on his first day (which he had no interest in )
But will give it another go

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am not sure on the formula. What is the brand, what is it made of?

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Thanks for that. Yes I would still offer to help strengthen him. Follow your vet's advice.

Some people say formula and it is of unknown origin, sometimes it is just human baby cereal. So your clarification is appreciated :)

Go little Moka!

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Thanks for that. Yes I would still offer to help strengthen him. Follow your vet's advice.

Some people say formula and it is of unknown origin, sometimes it is just human baby cereal. So your clarification is appreciated :)

Go little Moka!
Thanks

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
MOKA
Ate his whole seed bell today
He honestly is different from the day he came home I'll post a pic of before and after below only a few days of TLC​

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
THE LAST OWNER WAS ONE WHO CONSIDERED THIS A PROJECT BIRD
ONE WHO DID NOT SPEND A CENT ONTO ANYTHING GOOD
POOR BIRD WAS LEFT IN A BUDGIE CAGE
OWNER FAILED TO PROVIDE VET CARE WHEN THIS POOR BIRD WAS IN PAIN FOR MONTHS IF NOT MORE HE KEPT SAYING HIS BIRD WAS BROUGHT LIEK THAT BUT LUCKILY WITH THE LITTLE GUY BEING TAGGED ETC WE TRACED HIS BREEDER DOWN AND FOUND THIS GUY IS ONLY 18MONTHS OLD
I REALLY AM SICK OF PEOPLE BUYING ANIMALS WITH NO INTENTION OF BEST INTEREST
AN ANIMAL IS ALSO A LIVING THING WHO NEEDS TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION WHEN EVEN THIS SLIGHT SICKNESS
OR HARM
I HAVE COME ACROSS TOO MANY MISFORTUNE OF ANIMAL NEGLECT TOWARD BIRDS HOUSED IN GARAGES AND DYING OF FUMES
AND BIRDS CAGED IN RABBIT CAGES IS VERY SAD
I have saved this bird now and already we are making progress
All I can say is i hope this person never has a bird again
And MOKA will get a bigger cage but as he is still quarantined we just give a medium sized cage :)

Attachments

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
The photos are wonderful. You can see the joy for life coming back into his littleness. I am so sorry this happened to him.

You are correct! People must stop getting pets if they have no intention to prioritise them and treat them with respect. They aren't play things, learning tools or ornaments. They are living beings. Sentient living beings. They have emotions, they have desires and they should be enjoying themselves.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Update moka is doing really great always asked if his wings hurts
Obviously he's had pain but will this change overtime or is this something he will gradually get better ??

Attachments

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
He looks so much healthier and happier. Nice work with him! I can't know how his pain will go. He experienced a trauma and only he knows the amount of pain that has caused him.

If you continue to be his safety net and his family I am sure his days of happiness will one day replace his bad memories. Hopefully someday his pain will reduce too.

Sending him a big hug.:hug8:

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Wooow looking much better already!