• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescued ringneck

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
In my opinion his toes generally look fine and are a good length. The toe I circled here is the exception. It seems to have a little cuticle damage. It may not be a big worry at the moment as he has a lot of healing to do.

View attachment 347851

If he isn't accepting veggies you can try rolling them in the seed a little bit maybe he will find them more interesting that way. But also older IRN do have a harder time accepting new foods. Usually they are extremely receptive when young but get firm in their ideas when they are older. So don't give up. You may need to offer the same veggie options for days, weeks or even months before the little guy is brave enough to try it.

I am never comfortable picking someone else's birb's name. I am sure you will think of something wonderful. :D :)
Yes I definitely will try that
We are thinking maybe oli

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
We are thinking maybe oli
Oli is a great name :) Such a jolly ring to it. Jolly Oli! You can get through this :hug2:

It is great to hear that you already make chop for your birds. I didn't realise you had a whole flock. Make sure you are extra careful with QT. You have no idea what Oli (if you go call him that) has. I am sure you are already doing this but just incase.

I am sure day by day he will improve. I selfishly want photos everyday! I feel like he is going to be a success story under your care.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Hes eaten some corn YAY
In my opinion his toes generally look fine and are a good length. The toe I circled here is the exception. It seems to have a little cuticle damage. It may not be a big worry at the moment as he has a lot of healing to do.

View attachment 347851

If he isn't accepting veggies you can try rolling them in the seed a little bit maybe he will find them more interesting that way. But also older IRN do have a harder time accepting new foods. Usually they are extremely receptive when young but get firm in their ideas when they are older. So don't give up. You may need to offer the same veggie options for days, weeks or even months before the little guy is brave enough to try it.

I am never comfortable picking someone else's birb's name. I am sure you will think of something wonderful. :D :)
HE EATEN A CORN :) YAY 1ST STEP
IVE GOT TO GO BUY SOME MORE FRUITS tomorrow

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Oli is a great name :) Such a jolly ring to it. Jolly Oli! You can get through this :hug2:

It is great to hear that you already make chop for your birds. I didn't realise you had a whole flock. Make sure you are extra careful with QT. You have no idea what Oli (if you go call him that) has. I am sure you are already doing this but just incase.

I am sure day by day he will improve. I selfishly want photos everyday! I feel like he is going to be a success story under your care.
What is QT sorry dumb questions??
Yes I have my feather babys too here are some pictures

Attachments

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Try some passion fruit :) It might be a popular choice and it has high vitamin A.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
What is QT sorry dumb questions??
Yes I have my feather babys too here are some pictures
Yes he is being quarantine do you think I should do him longer or is 30 days fine for him ???

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My only bird that are clipped are lorikeets and they came like that from breeder :) all other birds remained with feather :)
Ah, so I imagine you are letting them grow back out?

The breeder clipped my plumhead's wings the day I brought him home and I was so sad about that. Birdies need their wings! Luckily he has had his full set of feathers back for awhile now.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Ah, so I imagine you are letting them grow back out?

The breeder clipped my plumhead's wings the day I brought him home and I was so sad about that. Birdies need their wings! Luckily he has had his full set of feathers back for awhile now.
I was very upset they didnt even ask me
As I'm harness training my lorikeet and because they need to learn alot it has become some goodness but any young bird should not have its wings clipped

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Alexandrians are so cute! I request more pictures.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca

Attachments

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Will upload pics daily

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I also have two little zebras :)

If you are curious you can find more of their story here.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
I also have two little zebras :)

If you are curious you can find more of their story here.
[/QUOTE
Regarding food my little finches have seed mixed with roudybush crumble
All my birds are on roudybush I far by swear for it

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Bianca :starshower1:

All of your birds are beautiful! So great you have taken the ringneck in, I hope all is going well :)

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Nutriberries were the answer for me. As they have nutrients and Mojo loved them pretty quick.

Can you drive or travel further?
Often we have to travel miles to find a decent vet!
We dont have nurtiberries over here
I dont have a car mine was stolen recently