• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescued ringneck

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
He has one complete gone nail and one looks broken hes has one bung eye which we is swollen and under his wing he has alot of damage he is going to the vets next week :)
I'm just kind of wanting everyones input as to helping him heal and feel better :)
Hes only 18months old

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The sooner he sees the vet the better for him and his recovery, is there a chance you can get him seen to earlier than next week.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
The sooner he sees the vet the better for him and his recovery, is there a chance you can get him seen to earlier than next week.
I would hun but problem is the vet we go to is more affordable than others and I have had terrible experiences with our other as we are in a small town

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am going to guess he is in quite a bit of pain seeing how he is holding his wing. Can you call your vet and see if they can get him in sooner because of his injuries.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
I will call our vets again to see what I can do but because we are in a small town we only have one good avian vet who is currently sick and wont be back until this coming monday and other one I used before killed my last bird so I dont wanna go through the trouble

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Poor little guy. I am glad he is out of his old situation. He looks like he has been through the ringer.

I look forward to following updates after he see the vet. I agree that is looks to be in a great deal of pain.

How is he eating? Does he have a good appetite?

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
He has had no good food source was only apparently given fruits and rice
We have got him on a bit of everything for now just so we know hes eating something rather than nothing

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
The rice diet could explain some of the feather condition. That is simply not suitable for a steeple. Poor little birb. Thank you for helping him.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
I believe his feather condition is inflicted by another bird as are some of his injuries we have had a video call with our vet today who had told us to apply betadine and give him doxycycline with his water and it's all now down to healing time
Here are some pictures for today:)

Attachments

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yes the injuries seem pretty bad. Poor little bird. The feather quality I was referring to is overall dull appearance.

What is this little guy's name? I look forward to continuing updates! :)

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Yes the injuries seem pretty bad. Poor little bird. The feather quality I was referring to is overall dull appearance.

What is this little guy's name? I look forward to continuing updates! :)
Yes for sure I say so
We havent got a name quite yet for this little guy your welcome to help:) give us a few recommendations

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor guy. Thank you for taking him into your home. I hope that he does well and is better soon.

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
I am going to see a place on Sunday for them to look at his nails as vet said they weren't concerned but I want a second opinion

Attachments

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Anyone have suggestions on enticing him to eat ???

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
In my opinion his toes generally look fine and are a good length. The toe I circled here is the exception. It seems to have a little cuticle damage. It may not be a big worry at the moment as he has a lot of healing to do.

Capture 6.JPG

If he isn't accepting veggies you can try rolling them in the seed a little bit maybe he will find them more interesting that way. But also older IRN do have a harder time accepting new foods. Usually they are extremely receptive when young but get firm in their ideas when they are older. So don't give up. You may need to offer the same veggie options for days, weeks or even months before the little guy is brave enough to try it.

I am never comfortable picking someone else's birb's name. I am sure you will think of something wonderful. :D :)