• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescue birds

Mrs c

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
Hi all. I've been offline for a while. Just wondering if there's any updates on those poor rescued parrots please. I keep hoping for good news on new homes for them:no:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Which birds do you mean?

Mrs c

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
Which birds do you mean?
There was a video of all those parrots in appalling conditions with their cages full of droppings. I hope you know the ones I mean. I would love to think they had a chance of some happyness.

Mrs c

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
Are you referring to Facebook Watch
Not sure. A few weeks back somebody reported that a rescue had taken in some birds that were found in really bad conditions .there was a video which I managed to watch but I don't do Facebook. I may have watched it on the rescue website. The cages must have been at least 12 inches thick with droppings. I found it played on my mind a bit and was hoping there was something good in the outcome for these poor little birds. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Mrs c

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
That sounds like the one I mean!! Or God forbid it's another one.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am happy to report that they are doing well. They are out of quarantine and in foster homes. If you are on TikTok or facebook, Pearl Rescue has been posting some really cute videos of them. They are all now in huge cages from Natural Inspirations and have lots of toys and are being transitioned to better diets. They also now all have names! Scruffy, the one goffin, actually just got his vet results back today and is in perfect health, surprisingly. His foster mom sent a video asking - what does he want? I watched the video and said- he wants out! So sure enough, he now loves strutting across the top of his big cage and flapping his wings. The one Amazon has kind of messed up eyes. I had asked @Hankmacaw about it previously and the vet confirmed what Hankmacaw suspected- some kind of head trauma. The good news is she actually can see just fine. So her prognosis is good too. None of them are actually able to be handled yet but their foster families are working really hard on teaching them that humans aren't scary. They are doing really very well all things considered. They won't be up for adoption for a while yet - until the foster families have more time to work on training, etc. Thank you for asking about them.

Mrs c

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
I am happy to report that they are doing well. They are out of quarantine and in foster homes. If you are on TikTok or facebook, Pearl Rescue has been posting some really cute videos of them. They are all now in huge cages from Natural Inspirations and have lots of toys and are being transitioned to better diets. They also now all have names! Scruffy, the one goffin, actually just got his vet results back today and is in perfect health, surprisingly. His foster mom sent a video asking - what does he want? I watched the video and said- he wants out! So sure enough, he now loves strutting across the top of his big cage and flapping his wings. The one Amazon has kind of messed up eyes. I had asked @Hankmacaw about it previously and the vet confirmed what Hankmacaw suspected- some kind of head trauma. The good news is she actually can see just fine. So her prognosis is good too. None of them are actually able to be handled yet but their foster families are working really hard on teaching them that humans aren't scary. They are doing really very well all things considered. They won't be up for adoption for a while yet - until the foster families have more time to work on training, etc. Thank you for asking about them.
Thank you so much for the very happy update. I'm so pleased they are doing so well. How they ever came out of that in reasonable health is beyond belief. I have to admit I shed a little happy tear when I read your reply. I hope they all eventually get a nice home. ..and thanks again:thanks:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I can't seem to post the videos but if anyone wants to share them, Pearl has done some cute ones.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Maybe this will work... here is one of the links