• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Reputable peach faced lovebird breeder

Wary36912

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
James
Hello I live in anchorage Alaska and I am trying to find a reputable lovebird breeder that breed peach faced love birds, the pet stores here do not carry any and every time I call people from the lower 48 asking if they ship, they think I’m a scam and usually hang up. Please help, this is frustrating

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue James :)

@Ankou ?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have tagged someone who may have some info. They will see your message when they are online next.

Wary36912

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
James
Hello I live in anchorage Alaska and I am trying to find a reputable lovebird breeder that breed peach faced love birds, the pet stores here do not carry any and every time I call people from the lower 48 asking if they ship, they think I’m a scam and usually hang up. Please help, this is frustrating

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Welcome to the Avenue James :)

@Ankou ?
I'm so sorry, I only knew of one lovie breeder in Anchorage and I lost touch with her back in 2003ish when my family moved 60 miles north. I did actually try to find her again last summer, see if she was still breeding lovebirds, but no luck.
I was also watching Petfinder and a local online classified ad site for a long time too, and in over a year I only saw two lovebirds rehomed (@Wary36912 if you end up watching the classified like I did for a while, it's worth checking any posting with "parakeets" since ignorant people often have no idea what species they have and small colorful bird = parakeet.)

I wish I could be more help but it really seems like they are a rarity here for some reason.