• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Reputable Cage Websites

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
So I want a new macaw cage, preferably with a playtop. But there are so many websites to order from that I'm not sure which ones are reputable and which ones aren't. Please help a sista out :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Buying direct from the manufacturer is always a safe bet! Otherwise Wayfair, Chewy, Petco, etc are all safe.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Buying direct from the manufacturer is always a safe bet! Otherwise Wayfair, Chewy, Petco, etc are all safe.
True but what is a reputable brand for macaws? There are so many different brands out there

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've purchased from Wayfair, Petsmart and My Bird Store - Discount Exotic Bird Supplies - mybirdstore.com. My Bird Store sells A&E cages and they generally have coupon codes so that you can get a discount on your purchase. Right now you can get 20% off of cages with code 20X3.
Petsmart has started charging extra shipping for large, heavy cages. :(

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
True but what is a reputable brand for macaws? There are so many different brands out there
Kings, A&E, Centurion, Expandable Habitats, Prevue, HQ, Midwest/Avian Adventures...

there are so many different brands out there and as long as you have heard of them, they are likely reputable. They all have different options, so perhaps it would be easier to share what you are looking for in a cage and link to a cage you are considering to ask opinions about that?

It's sort of like asking what is the best pellet. They all do the same thing, they are all safe and fine, but they all have their different perks. What works for you may not work for someone else :)

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Kings, A&E, Centurion, Expandable Habitats, Prevue, HQ, Midwest/Avian Adventures...

there are so many different brands out there and as long as you have heard of them, they are likely reputable. They all have different options, so perhaps it would be easier to share what you are looking for in a cage and link to a cage you are considering to ask opinions about that?

It's sort of like asking what is the best pellet. They all do the same thing, they are all safe and fine, but they all have their different perks. What works for you may not work for someone else :)
I want it to be durable without the stainless steel price tag if possible. I know they're expensive, but I definitely don't want a $2500 cage if there is one for under $1500 out there :)

Reactions: Ali

alshgs

Avenue Veteran

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wayfair is selling Featherland stainless steel cages under a different brand name. Stainless Steel Cage | Wayfair
The pricing is better than what they generally cost.
Avian Adventure cages are generally sturdy although not stainless steel. They used to sell stainless steel cages but haven't been doing that for many years.
I have 8 Avian Adventures cages. Purchased an A&E play top and like the AA cages a lot better.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Wayfair is selling Featherland stainless steel cages under a different brand name. Stainless Steel Cage | Wayfair
The pricing is better than what they generally cost.
Avian Adventure cages are generally sturdy although not stainless steel. They used to sell stainless steel cages but haven't been doing that for many years.
I have 8 Avian Adventures cages. Purchased an A&E play top and like the AA cages a lot better.
I really like the AA grande play top and it's not a bad price, so I may go with that one. This bird will be a baby so I want him to have several places to play, thats why I wanted the playtop :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oooppss...the Featherland cages aren't play top but you can always attach something to the top of the cage to create one.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really like the AA grande play top and it's not a bad price, so I may go with that one. This bird will be a baby so I want him to have several places to play, thats why I wanted the playtop :)
I like how easy they are to put together. They aren't always perfect, though. Midwest metals (Avian Adventures) customer support is generally helpful although sometimes if there are issues you have to be persistent with getting things corrected. Any cage can have issues so best to buy from a reputable store with good customer service.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I like how easy they are to put together. They aren't always perfect, though. Midwest metals (Avian Adventures) customer support is generally helpful although sometimes if there are issues you have to be persistent with getting things corrected. Any cage can have issues so best to buy from a reputable store with good customer service.

This is the website. It was recommended on A&E so I'm not sure if it's okay or not to order from?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

This is the website. It was recommended on A&E so I'm not sure if it's okay or not to order from?
Never ordered from them. Maybe you could find some reviews online or maybe some members here have ordered from them.
The Hacienda is a bit bigger than the Grande but I believe it only comes in the dometop version now.

addflower

Moving in
I want it to be durable without the stainless steel price tag if possible. I know they're expensive, but I definitely don't want a $2500 cage if there is one for under $1500 out there :)
I know I'm late replying to this, but I was the same way and now, some 15 years later, I'm buying the more expensive cage because I hate the less expensive one I got. It's rusting, the welds are uneven, it's hard to clean, the ledges for the pan at the bottom are too narrow and putting it back requires that I support it with my feet (I've stopped taking it out it's such a pain to do so!). Despite a "lifetime guarantee to never rust" the company claimed it was my fault that the cage was rusting. Why buy a $1500 cage that you are probably going to have to replace when the $2500 cage will likely last the rest of your birds life?