• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Reptile heat lamps that are parrot safe?

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
No, Reptile lights are not meant for birds, Reptile lamps are not safe for birds and should never be used. They can hurt your birds’ eyes. Since birds need the right type of light.
I could be wrong but i dont think she wants to use the lizard heat lamp on the bird.I think she means safe to use on the lizard with the bird in proximity.
As far as a UV light for health , a retile needs full spectrum light just like a bird.

Anarchyve

Checking out the neighborhood
I'd suggest looking for ceramic heat emitters or infrared bulbs. These options provide heat without emitting light, which can be less stimulating for your parrot.
As for disease transmission, keeping them in separate areas of the house and practicing good hygiene like handwashing should minimize any risk.
Speaking of reptiles, I've got a pet dragon myself and recently found some helpful articles on their care. If you're interested, you might find this link useful: The Truth About Bearded Dragon Tail Rot: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment