• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Remer is a cutie pie

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

So I have been working with remer. He had a severely overgrown beak and was starved previously . jen picked him up long story....

remer is missing all toes on one foot and 1 toe is missing on the other foot making it difficult for him to stand on some perches, he kind of hobbles like an old man.

I have been trimming down his beak in sections due to its bleeding, and noticed how cute he was all towelled I am always messing with his pin feathers. He LOVES the towel, loves being snuggled and preened by my fingers to remove the pins, and he falls fast asleep every time.

He doesnt understand "step up" , he is a 15 year old ex breeder ..but he allows me to grab him around the middle of his body to pick him up and sits in the palm of my hand while I preen him.

WHAT A CUTIE!!

hes available for adoption to someone and will make a great addition to someones home. SO cute

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
awww!! He sounds like one of my rescued cockatiels who has no toes on one foot and only 1 on the other. I put down newspaper for him on the bottom of the cage because he can't perch at all :(

They are amazing! I love QPs!!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

awww!! He sounds like one of my rescued cockatiels who has no toes on one foot and only 1 on the other. I put down newspaper for him on the bottom of the cage because he can't perch at all :(

They are amazing! I love QPs!!
AWW poor baby! Glad he is with you!

Sucks they are illegal in Illinois. They can be very cute but have never been my favorite. I have a soft spot of remer though, even with the cage aggression. They mostly all have THAT, but out of cage he is not the vicious guy he tried to be. LOL

EricsPop

Meeting neighbors
Sucks they are illegal in Illinois.

That is not true. They are only illegal in California, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Hawaii, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Wyoming. They are legal to have, but illegal to sell or breed in Connecticut. They are legal to own with registration and banding in New York, and legal to own with breeder or seller registration in Virginia.

Sorry, but I hate misinformation :)
Due to the nature of my job, I have an annoying tendency to research everything and everyone.......LOL

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
REmer sounds adorable and so glad you have taken him in

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I'm surprised they aren't illegal in Illinois. There are actually wild flocks of them in my neighborhood!!!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I'm surprised they aren't illegal in Illinois. There are actually wild flocks of them in my neighborhood!!!
I totally thought they were due to them living everywhere also. They were on the illegal list last year on this one site, not the one listed here.
That is amazing and I am so glad they are not on the illegal list. They would make them highly euthanized...sad :(

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Do you have any pictures of the little cutie? I love quakers... I have had my little Nola for a few months now and in total LOVE! They really are great little birds.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
here is the list of where they can be, can't be, and if any restrictions apply

State Laws for Quaker Parakeets

Most of the states I'd like to move to because its warm they're not allowed. a few require them to have leg bands on - well i'm not getting rid of 2 of my 4 just to live some where warm and I won't put open bands on them (plus most that require them to be banded is close bands anyway)

Annie was missing all her toes on one foot and a few on the others but she got around really good - Which surprised me I thought for sure I'd have to make her cage Handicap accessible but she even hung up side down from her cage

but she was a conure not a Quaker

Last edited:
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Here are a few pics of remer while he was getting his beak trimmed and then one before the beak trim.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Oh he looks like a little old man:hehe:

They are legal in Alabama and it's somewhat warm here, just not right now!

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
If you have a note from your vet saying the band had to be removed, and you microchip your parrot so if it is caught they know who it belongs :in case you just let it loose: then you can move there without a banded bird.:)

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Oh he looks like a little old man:hehe:

They are legal in Alabama and it's somewhat warm here, just not right now!

He is an old man..LOL. He is a cutie..I usually do not take to quakers that much but Remer has a special place in my heart. he is missing all of his toes on the one foot and has some bald patches. But he is just a cutie anyway. i love all birds. He was an ex breeder , but hes a sweety now.

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
As mom to 3 of them, it should be pretty obvious that I just love quakers, and Remer touches my heart. What an awful life the "old man" has had. Thank god he found his way to you Crystal. All I wish for him is a happy healthy life, no matter where he ends up. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.