• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Remembering Topper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Shauna I am just seeing this now, I am so sorry my heart hurts for you.

Doesn't matter where our feathered friends are big or little they are all filled with personalities that we miss when they cross over.

Topper rest in peace sweetie.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Also just seeing this!
So sorry for Topper's passing!:hug8:

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
Thank you so much everyone! :hug1: I feel as if I've receive many hugs and it sure has warmed my heart. It sure has been comforting to able to talk about how much she meant to me with folks who understand. I send a heartfelt hug back out to all of you

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry Shauna.... Fly free Topper :hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I'm so sorry Shauna! :hug8::hug8::hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
A few folks here know I lost my sweet Topper girl 2 weeks ago today. I miss that her so much! She developed and abscess in her wing and also could have had cancer. Her vet was going to amputate after she finished her antibiotics but the infection was just over powering and she didn't make it. It's been hard to talk about and her very devoted companion in the cage next to her, Freeway has been very distraught. He at one point stood over her cage drooped one wing down just as she had and made a cry like I've never heard him do. I knew he was on a downward spiral. I had to focus on helping him through this. He would take no comfort from me. I worked with the cockatiel coordinator at Mickaboo and found a tiel that he could be friends with. That has helped him a lot. What's helped me is being able have such wonderful memories of Topper and what she has taught me the 10 years she's been a part of my life. She took the challenges life threw her in stride and carried on. Always cheerful when I'd uncover her in the morning she would rock back and forth on her platform or food dish ready to start the day. She never let her legs or wing that didn't work right hold her back. Her struggles are over now and she is no longer in any pain.

I want to thank Danita and Marie for their encouragement and support :heart:
Shauna,

I'm sorry, I didn't know about Topper. I am so sorry for your loss:hug8:

BamaBirdMom

Real Name
Janet
Shauna,

I'm so sorry about little Topper. It's so hard to lose them no matter what the situation. You had some good years with her, and some good memories. Hope they can put a smile on your face when you think of her.:hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
So sorry for the big loss in your life, ten years is a lot of living. You would not have missed a day of being with Topper I know, and now he is flying high and free and no more pain or struggle. He is not far away from you and would want you to be happy and remember him with a smile and lots of love in your heart. It will come, slowly. God bless.:hug8:

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
:hug8: So very sorry for your loss. You gave her a good life that she wouldn't have had without you. Give Freeway some scritches from me too

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Oh, I am soooo sorry to hear this! :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry Shauna. I know how much you loved your Topper and how much you took care of her. May she fly free now. :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I'm so Sorry:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.