• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Remembering Poppers...The good times

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
She was a great bird. I've never known such a loving bond from an Amazon like her.
Took her 9 months to come out of her shell. I honestly thought she was going to be pretty difficult.
But one day she decided that , ok, I'm going to be lovable. And the love and bond grew each day.
I've had my share of birds through out my venture of owning parrots for 45 years, poppers
was the most lovable bird I've ever had.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt and I thoroughly enjoyed watching those videos which was a very odd experience for me to be honest. He usually tries to take my phone but he sat silently and intently watching each video!
Thank you for sharing some absolutely beautiful memories of Poppers with us :heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Precious girl! :swoon:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am going to have to wait until I get off work to wat h them.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Burt and I thoroughly enjoyed watching those videos which was a very odd experience for me to be honest. He usually tries to take my phone but he sat silently and intently watching each video!
Thank you for sharing some absolutely beautiful memories of Poppers with us :heart:
Awww, burt enjoyed the singing!! That's interesting. You have to post a video of you singing to burt!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Great video's...❤ Actually made me cry a bit, because I started to think about loss...which we all experience. Poppers seemed like a great bird!
She was a fantastic bird! Came to me as a rescue
at 8 yrs old and I was her third home. She was very shy on humans, and not wanting anything to do with them.....a lot of work, patience and love went into her.
She finally came out of her shell after almost 9 months, and the trust and love grew more and more with her.
It was like having a little human....I didn't view her or treat her as a bird, I treated her like a person. We came to fully understand each other.
She knew my expectations, ways, and routine, and I knew hers.
Rode in truck with me everywhere, just loved it.
Once tried to hitch a ride to work with momma in her large carry bag... Must of been quite funny when poppers popped out of the hand bag while my wife was driving and said HELLOOOoooo!
But a bad fungal infection attacked her which we did beat, but the damage compromised her heart.
Atherosclerosis ended up taking her too early.
She became too weak to fight it despite all the meds. I miss her, but she'll never be forgotten.

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
She's beautiful. The love they give us is irreplaceable. She had a wonderful life with you:heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, Poppers was so adorable! You can tell she was a very special bird. :heart:
:hug8:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
So at 8 years old Poppers finally found her family... Lovely to hear how she blossomed and opened up to you. ❤
She did, she opened right up and I can't explain it...like a soul mate. And poppers found her soul mate.
The former parronts of poppers claimed they rehomed her because she was far too aggressive and couldn't handle her....riiiiiigggghhhhttttttttt! Poppers was a beautiful bird just waiting to give love to the right person...But 15 yrs old when she passed.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Poppers was such an amazing soul. I don’t care what people say about birds not having facial expressions. I SEE her smiling! :DThat personality was off the charts.

I know how much you guys miss her, and I am so sorry for that. But she had a great life and she lives on in your memories which you are kind enough to share with us :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Such wonderful happy memories. So lovely seeing your wife singing with Poppers :hug9: