• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Remembering Mr Diggie-Dog

Winn

Jogging around the block
My buddy Digger is romping across the Rainbow Bridge.
He was diagnosed with kidney failure a few months back but through medication and diet we still had good days together. This weekend he took a turn for the worst and I called the vet to offer him the final act of kindness.
He had another seizure and passed as soon as I laid him in the car to drive to the vet's office.

I watched his birth and I was there for his last breath. He leaves an empty space here, but we had such awesome time together.
IMG_20200315_181235.jpg IMG_20200312_174448.jpg IMG_20200312_174414.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He was such a handsome boy. I'm so sorry that you've lost him. I know what it's like to be there for the first and final breath and it's an extra layer of sadness.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sorrow:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am very sorry for your loss :(

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I'm sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard (and so rewarding) to take one from birth to rainbow bridge. Your dog is very handsome and looks a lot like my dog. If you don't mind my asking, what breed was he? My dog was rescued off the street so I really have no idea what her breeding is but she is a great dog.

Winn

Jogging around the block
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard (and so rewarding) to take one from birth to rainbow bridge. Your dog is very handsome and looks a lot like my dog. If you don't mind my asking, what breed was he? My dog was rescued off the street so I really have no idea what her breeding is but she is a great dog.
His father showed up as an 8 week old pup running down a country road alone. He looked like an AmStaff but no one really knew. His mother was represented to be a Pit Bull, but was obviously mixed. He had 2 brothers and one sister and none of the litter was the same size or shape.
The vet didn't even have a guess as to what breeds might have contributed to the mix.

He was a very sweet and loving pup. I always told him he was "my bestest old black doggie ever"..

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So very sorry for your loss. Beautiful companion who had a beautiful life with you.

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
His father showed up as an 8 week old pup running down a country road alone. He looked like an AmStaff but no one really knew. His mother was represented to be a Pit Bull, but was obviously mixed. He had 2 brothers and one sister and none of the litter was the same size or shape.
The vet didn't even have a guess as to what breeds might have contributed to the mix.

He was a very sweet and loving pup. I always told him he was "my bestest old black doggie ever"..
My dog rolled out into the middle of a back country road where they often do 50 plus MPH. She was 2 lbs when I scooped her up off the road. My vet doesn't have much of a clue either but we think some terrier of some kind and my vet thinks she has some border collie. I bet your guy was amazing. I attached a picture to show you how similar they look. You can't see it but she has the white on the chest like your guy and even similar markings on the feet. Again I am sorry for your loss.
IMG_3435.jpeg

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry

Winn

Jogging around the block
My dog rolled out into the middle of a back country road where they often do 50 plus MPH. She was 2 lbs when I scooped her up off the road. My vet doesn't have much of a clue either but we think some terrier of some kind and my vet thinks she has some border collie. I bet your guy was amazing. I attached a picture to show you how similar they look. You can't see it but she has the white on the chest like your guy and even similar markings on the feet. Again I am sorry for your loss.
View attachment 424375
Wow! She does resemble him!:heart:
Thank you..

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Both dogs look like pit bull/Staffordshire dogs. It’s in the heads, eyes, ears, mouths & paws.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss of Digger :sorrow: He was so loved and you were so devoted to him :bluhug:

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm so sorry to hear this.
What a beautiful life he had with you.

Lainie

Moving in
Real Name
Elaine Israel-Samuels
He was such a handsome boy. I'm so sorry that you've lost him. I know what it's like to be there for the first and final breath and it's an extra layer of sadness.

Lainie

Moving in
Real Name
Elaine Israel-Samuels
It hurts so much .. how lovely that you saw his begining and end. My beautiful Cassie lost her life to cancer 5 weeks ago.. the vet came to my house so she was with me in her own home. I didn't see her birth .. she was a rescue dog .. but she was my constant companion for 9 years .. my best friend. I'm struggling without her because she was a joy, but so grateful to have had her.