• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming Two Caiques Brothers

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
20211220_132651.jpg
I am trying to help find a home for these two caique boys. They are white-bellied caiques which I raised and handfed. They had a great home lined up but unfortunately it was not to last. They have been in their new home for only two months. Both boys mean a lot to me and I want to help them get to a place where they can stay together. In the event that we are unable to place them together we may consider placing them separately so please let me know if you are interested in one or both. If only one then we will hold onto your info and get back to you if we can not place them together. Caiques love to have a buddy they will still be friends with you at the same time but having two will help keep them occupied when you can not.

Caiques are not for the faint of heart. Check out The Good, The Bad and The Ugly About Caiques

Here is their story as told by their current Mom, Patty:

2 months ago, the boys, Frankie and Charlie were flown to me in Vermont. They came to me as friendly and happy little guys.

I had them for maybe 4 weeks when I contracted Covid-19 and was down and out for about 4 weeks and am still trying to recover. However, through x-rays it was discovered my lungs were damaged from Covid-19 and now being in the bird room all I do is cough. It has been highly advised that I not have birds in my home due to the dander and powders they give off.

I am totally heart broken, I've waited so long for these boys and now I have to turn around and rehome them.

I want so badly to keep them together. They truly love each other and where one is, so isn't the other.

So a little about Frankie and Charlie - They are less than 6 months old, they are very sweet, they do not bite and are not afraid of the hand at all. On a daily basis I take them into my bedroom and let them fly. They love it. If I hold out my hand and call one of them, they will fly to me and sometimes right by me lol. When they get tired I put them back in their cage. In the morning they get fresh veggies and little fruit with some nuts and they also have a bowl of zupreem pellets for the day. They both drink out of a water bottle so you don't have to worry about them soaking their food in the water bowl making slop. They also get almonds and cashews both unsalted as treats.

They have LOTS of toys in their cage to keep them busy when I can't take them out and I do change the cage around on a weekly basis. They absolutely love toys and the change so they don't get bored. They also get spray misted with warm water everyday after breakfast so they are nice and dry for night time.

If you have any questions at all please reach out to Laurie who can a hold of me.

As I mentioned, I am helping trying to place them so please reach out to me and after we chat I will get you in touch with Patty.

There is a substantial but fair rehoming fee and we are willing to send them via airline for the right home. They are currently residing in Vermont.

Have a great day!
Laurie

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know I said this the first time before the thread was lost but again I really feel for them and their poor momma. I so hope a wonderful home can be found where they stay together.

Amaterasu

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
I've been wanting to adopt/purchase a caique for a long time. I've been leaning more towards a purchase because I have 5 year old twin daughters. As you can imagine, my kids can be rather loud. I don't think an older bird that is used to a quiet environment would be as likely to do well in my home. Most birds being rehomed are older obviously.

At the moment I have a male Eclectus. He was raised with my kids and adores them. He seems to thrive on their energy. They only interact with him under supervision.

I am in Houston so I'm not sure what the cost would be for airfare. I'd also need to purchase cage(s) for them.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I've been wanting to adopt/purchase a caique for a long time. I've been leaning more towards a purchase because I have 5 year old twin daughters. As you can imagine, my kids can be rather loud. I don't think an older bird that is used to a quiet environment would be as likely to do well in my home. Most birds being rehomed are older obviously.

At the moment I have a male Eclectus. He was raised with my kids and adores them. He seems to thrive on their energy. They only interact with him under supervision.

I am in Houston so I'm not sure what the cost would be for airfare. I'd also need to purchase cage(s) for them.
Thanks for the reply. I'll send you a PM.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I might know someone who would be interested if things don't work out with Jessica. Can you PM me your email and I'll give it to him. He's not on the forum.

jmaggio201

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
JoanneMaggio
@Laurie im in New York and am interested in the caiques. Please message me further info plz.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I just wanted to thank everyone who replied and let you know that the boys have found a new home and they have gotten to stay together! We couldn't have hope for anything better.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's absolutely wonderful news! Im so glad they could stay together.

Rong

Sitting on the front steps
View attachment 400449
I am trying to help find a home for these two caique boys. They are white-bellied caiques which I raised and handfed. They had a great home lined up but unfortunately it was not to last. They have been in their new home for only two months. Both boys mean a lot to me and I want to help them get to a place where they can stay together. In the event that we are unable to place them together we may consider placing them separately so please let me know if you are interested in one or both. If only one then we will hold onto your info and get back to you if we can not place them together. Caiques love to have a buddy they will still be friends with you at the same time but having two will help keep them occupied when you can not.

Caiques are not for the faint of heart. Check out The Good, The Bad and The Ugly About Caiques

Here is their story as told by their current Mom, Patty:

2 months ago, the boys, Frankie and Charlie were flown to me in Vermont. They came to me as friendly and happy little guys.

I had them for maybe 4 weeks when I contracted Covid-19 and was down and out for about 4 weeks and am still trying to recover. However, through x-rays it was discovered my lungs were damaged from Covid-19 and now being in the bird room all I do is cough. It has been highly advised that I not have birds in my home due to the dander and powders they give off.

I am totally heart broken, I've waited so long for these boys and now I have to turn around and rehome them.

I want so badly to keep them together. They truly love each other and where one is, so isn't the other.

So a little about Frankie and Charlie - They are less than 6 months old, they are very sweet, they do not bite and are not afraid of the hand at all. On a daily basis I take them into my bedroom and let them fly. They love it. If I hold out my hand and call one of them, they will fly to me and sometimes right by me lol. When they get tired I put them back in their cage. In the morning they get fresh veggies and little fruit with some nuts and they also have a bowl of zupreem pellets for the day. They both drink out of a water bottle so you don't have to worry about them soaking their food in the water bowl making slop. They also get almonds and cashews both unsalted as treats.

They have LOTS of toys in their cage to keep them busy when I can't take them out and I do change the cage around on a weekly basis. They absolutely love toys and the change so they don't get bored. They also get spray misted with warm water everyday after breakfast so they are nice and dry for night time.

If you have any questions at all please reach out to Laurie who can a hold of me.

As I mentioned, I am helping trying to place them so please reach out to me and after we chat I will get you in touch with Patty.

There is a substantial but fair rehoming fee and we are willing to send them via airline for the right home. They are currently residing in Vermont.

Have a great day!
Laurie
Were they adopted/rehomed?