• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming two bonded one year old GCC's - Southern California

LaineyB

Moving in
Real Name
Elaina Willi
I am rehoming two very sweet GCC's named Poppy and Patchouli. They are both DNA sexed females and clutchmates. Their hatch date was April 4th 2022. I just recently had all of their blood panels and pathogen testing done (came back perfectly healthy) and can share that with potential adopters. They are very bonded to each other and sleep in the same cage. They are great with people and and step up most of the time (and when they don't particularly want to, they will certainly do it for a treat). They have basically zero behavioral issues aside from a bit of overpreening (no plucking) that they were doing before they could fly, but now that they are flighted their feather health is recovering beautifully. Poppy has also recently decided that she hates the combination of baseball caps and hoodies. I don't know what I've done to cause this, but I must have slighted her while wearing them. They need to be rehomed through no fault of their own. I messed up getting birds. I did all my research, they weren't an impulse buy, but you can never really know what it's like living with birds until you actually live with birds and it's more than I can handle. I struggle with ADHD and depression and keeping up with them is just too much for me and I think they'd be better off in a home with better bird people. I am asking a reasonable rehoming fee just to ensure that they go to a good home. I really do love them and want the best for them. They come with a large flighted cage, a sleep cage, a travel cage, and a playstand, along with tons of toys and toy parts for building homemade ttoys.I am located in the Inland Empire in Southern California but would be willing to make a reasonable road trip for the perfect home.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

LaineyB

Moving in
Real Name
Elaina Willi
I don't know how to edit, but just realized hatch date should include 2022. They are a bit over one year old.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I don't know how to edit, but just realized hatch date should include 2022. They are a bit over one year old.
I have added the year for you.

I hope you find the perfect home for them :)

LaineyB

Moving in
Real Name
Elaina Willi
Thank you! Me too, they really do deserve the best

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that you're having to make this tough choice. They sound so sweet I hope you're able to find them a wonderful home.

LaineyB

Moving in
Real Name
Elaina Willi
Thank you! They really are so sweet. They have such wonderful and different personalities. Patchouli is more laid back and reserved and loves to just sit on your shoulders. Poppy, on the other hand, is a wild child. She loves getting into things and has to be constantly moving. She is much more energetic. They both LOVE to be with their people though. They are constantly flying to my shoulders and just want to be near people.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that you were able to find them good homes!