• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming Queen of Bavaria

Daniela M.

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello, I’m new to the forum but I am looking for a trustworthy community of bird lovers to help me rehome my beloved Goldn Conure. She is a DNA sexed female, about 1.5 years old named Limon (lemon in Spanish)
She is one of the sweetest and most loyal birds I’ve met. She will take her time warming up to new people but once she’s comfortable she will talk and repeat phrases, noises and do her signature happy squawk. Limon loves being in the same room as her family and will make happy noises, just thrilled that she’s part of the action.
Limon loves toys and outside cage time and is always down to try new things.If I have her on my shoulder she always wants to taste what I’m having. She LOVES bath time and getting misted with her favorite spray bottle. She is a curious and happy bird.
She also loves scratches and cuddles and seeks me out when she needs some loving. I have two cages for her: one for her outside time, and a second for when she’s inside & though it’s smaller, it’s almost always kept open.
It breaks my heart to have to rehome her but with my husband in the navy it’s proven difficult to keep her as I originally wanted since we’re constantly traveling. We are currently located in San Diego, CA and am unable to ship but if you or anyone you know is interested please let me know!

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Daniela, I´m very sorry you are having to rehome your bird.
Please have a read of this thread;

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry to hear that you have to rehome Limon. From your description and pictures, you both have a special relationship. I hope that you are able to find a wonderful home for her.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry you are having to rehome your baby.. Best of luck :hug8:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Daniela, I hope you find a wonderful home.
I am sure you're aware of the value and rarity of your bird.
Be very cautious and careful with folk that call.
Many will be see $$ signs and not your wonderful bird.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If you are unable to find someone locally, there's an avian sanctuary in Del Mar that is wonderful. They will vet all prospective adopters, too.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
She is gorgeous and so clearly loved. I wish so much that you all could stay together.
My heart breaks for you .

I've dreamed of this species. If I didn't have a home full of my own lovely ladies ....

I hope you find the right place and humans for her, to continue to adore her for life.

Thank you and your family for the sacrifice you make in the name of service.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
How heartbreaking! I'm sorry you're having to give her up, she's absolutely beautiful.

I can only wish y'all the best, I wishI could help more!

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
What a beautiful baby. If only I didn’t live so far! I hope you find her a forever home :goodluck:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Hello, I’m new to the forum but I am looking for a trustworthy community of bird lovers to help me rehome my beloved Goldn Conure. She is a DNA sexed female, about 1.5 years old named Limon (lemon in Spanish)
She is one of the sweetest and most loyal birds I’ve met. She will take her time warming up to new people but once she’s comfortable she will talk and repeat phrases, noises and do her signature happy squawk. Limon loves being in the same room as her family and will make happy noises, just thrilled that she’s part of the action.
Limon loves toys and outside cage time and is always down to try new things.If I have her on my shoulder she always wants to taste what I’m having. She LOVES bath time and getting misted with her favorite spray bottle. She is a curious and happy bird.
She also loves scratches and cuddles and seeks me out when she needs some loving. I have two cages for her: one for her outside time, and a second for when she’s inside & though it’s smaller, it’s almost always kept open.
It breaks my heart to have to rehome her but with my husband in the navy it’s proven difficult to keep her as I originally wanted since we’re constantly traveling. We are currently located in San Diego, CA and am unable to ship but if you or anyone you know is interested please let me know!
I sent you a message and am trying not to let my heart burst with excitement. I’d be on a plane from SFO tmo if you felt we were a good match!

Daniela M.

If you are unable to find someone locally, there's an avian sanctuary in Del Mar that is wonderful. They will vet all prospective adopters, too.
Thank you for the information on them, I will check them out

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I am sorry for the upcoming change in your family. Limon is really a dream bird. She looks almost like a macaw with that big beak.

Is there any way Limon might go into a breeding program? Or be paired with a male and live in a home where they might have nestlings? That would also be a very good thing.m
P.s. I just looked through all of your pictures and she seems to be a very joyful bird and happy with you.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I've been looking for a Golden for some time. We live in Illinois now (near the WI border). I was raised in Redwood City and we lived in SoCal for a few years (where we found two of our birds). Long story but we flew out of IL and then drove back from San Diego, with our BE2, when his adopter couldn't keep him! If you don't find anyone locally keep us in mind...

Daniela M.

I've been looking for a Golden for some time. We live in Illinois now (near the WI border). I was raised in Redwood City and we lived in SoCal for a few years (where we found two of our birds). Long story but we flew out of IL and then drove back from San Diego, with our BE2, when his adopter couldn't keep him! If you don't find anyone locally keep us in mind...
Hi thank you for reaching out. I would love to connect if possible. Just haven’t figured out how to private message on here yet. Would you mind shooting me pm so we can talk more about Limon?
Thank you!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hi thank you for reaching out. I would love to connect if possible. Just haven’t figured out how to private message on here yet. Would you mind shooting me pm so we can talk more about Limon?
Thank you!
You need to post at least 20 times on the forum in order to use the PM function. They can be made in any section, the welcome section to great someone, the picture section to compliment someone's pictures/birds, the health or behavior sections to help someone, etc., but it must total at least 20 before that feature is unlocked for your account.

Atwell

Moving in
Real Name
A Welch
Wow, what a beautiful bird! It sounds like you may have found a good home for Limon already, but if you’re still looking, I’d love to talk. I have a green cheek named Tiki and am thinking about adding another bird to our little family. We live in California and have had birds for almost 10 years now. They’re such amazing personalities in such small packages!

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Thank you!
Sorry, just saw your reply to me. I have not checked back since I figured you already had someone in mind... Not sure if it's allowed to share email addy's here?? Or IG accounts?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Not sure if it's allowed to share email addy's here?? Or IG accounts?
You can, but it's not recommended because this is a public forum.

Better to use the Private Messaging function (keep in mind it requires you post 20 times before being activated).

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
So, that means, reply to some more messages and work on those #s.

I’m sad I’m nowhere near CA. She’s a beautiful bird.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Thanks Zara. (I have my quota. It's the OP that doesn`t).