• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming my Yellow-Naped Amazon

YNamazon

Checking out the neighborhood
D7954B0F-D042-4338-B018-103CE3D6A5A3.jpeg D7954B0F-D042-4338-B018-103CE3D6A5A3.jpeg D82E5578-5B79-479D-8886-704A77E97E9D.jpeg
I live in the Denver metro area. I bought Duffer, my Amazon, 20 yrs ago when he was approximately 5 yrs old; he is now approximately 25. Due to medical conditions (migraines, CRPS, upcoming Neurosurgery) resultant from multiple rear-end car crashes, I have decided I am unable to give my parrot the attention he needs. He's been well cared for & is very healthy. I was taking him to the Avian vet @ CSU vet clinic until COVID for checkups & grooming. I had him sexed & he is definitely a male with a healthy libido! Dr Campbell (who has since retired) informed me Duffer was imported by the circular aluminum band on his ankle. Dr Campbell also told me I must be a very kind & patient person to tame such a wild, aggressive bird as Duffer was when I bought him. He has more aggressive tendencies than if he'd been hand-fed, although he has learned to be handled, pet, & cuddled. I'd like to receive a donation for him & his large, expensive cage. I have enough Zupreem pellets to last 6-8 months plus treats, nuts, toys & bowls.
Please contact me if you're serious and are able to make a donation of $750: I want to be sure he goes to a wonderful, caring home.

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
@Zara @Mizzely @BirdWorld

This seems like a situation when it would be okay for a rehome, unless you had these conditions before buying. I’m sure you gave him a good time at your place. This forum isn’t really used for buying other birds, try googling “where can I rehome my bird online” and something might come up. Best of luck. This is hard on the bird and on you. Please don’t get another bird until this condition is eased/gone.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Hi, I live in the foothills west of Denver. I have a lot of Amazon experience, and with hormonal males, wild-caught too.
I'm not looking to add any birds but if there's a way I could help you out with visits till you feel better and you keep Duffer in your home, let me know.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Odd, I didn't get this tag.

I'm so sorry you're considering letting him go.

I hope you're able to find someone you trust to take him.