• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming My Lovebird

adibamaj

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone,

It is very hard for me to even begin this message. I have always been an avid bird lover since I was five years old (I am 21 now). However, when I moved away for college I wasn't able to take care of my birds the way they deserve. My parents do their best, but they are also juggling a lot and are unable to provide them with the care they need and require, other than the basics. I bought my lovebird, Lil Red, and his girlfriend, Blue, about 6 years ago. However, Blue passed away about 3 years ago while laying eggs. Since then I have tried placing Lil Red with my two conures, but he does not get along with them at all. I had to separate him from my conures because he seems to like his own space and does not like hanging out with my conures.

Long story short, I would like to know how to go about rehoming Lil Red to a loving family, who will provide him the life he should have been given in the first place. I am ashamed that I haven't been able to take care of him and love him as much as I should have, but I do not want him to continue living alone. I know lovebirds are social animals and require companionship. Please let me know if anyone has any advice for me and my bird. Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Ali

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Make sure to read this before giving someone your bird. I would add a reasoable adoption fee so that your bird isn't taken by a bird flipper (gets a free bird, then sells it the next day for way more money)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Kiwi's Mom made some good points.
Also you can request a home visit or video call so you can see the space they are offering.