• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming my ekkie

Kdkat15

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone,
My name Katie and I’m new to the forum. I’ve had Kermit, my male eclectus parrot, for around 4-5 years now. Sadly, I may have to rehome him as I don’t think my home is a suitable environment for him anymore. Our household is very busy and loud and try as we might to make Kermit as happy as possible, he doesn’t react well to the constant noise. We have a large bloodhound and young children and whenever they get rowdy Kermit will cower and scream. He’s a good boy and we’d be sad to see him go but we want him to live in a place he feels safe and secure. We live in the Chicago suburbs and are looking for new loving and dedicated owners with a quieter house. Kermit prefers women, but he can come around to men when given the time and space he needs. He’s good with children and has never bitten or drawn blood, so he could make a good family bird for a mild household. We would charge a modest rehoming fee complete with his large A&E cage just to make sure he’s going to a good place :)

Now some more specific details about Kermit: He’s very smart and he’s picked up on words and phrases such as “good boy” and “love you”, which he’ll repeat from time to time. We were even able to potty train him so he doesn’t poop on the carpet :). He eats mostly fruit and veggies, but we’ve supplemented with pellets when necessary. He gets yearly vet visits and has been cleared at every single one and is in good health. Vet records would be available upon request.

Though we’re still exploring some options, likely the best idea for Kermit and our family would be to find him a loving home that is more suitable for his needs. Because of that, we’re interested only in serious inquiries. Thank you for understanding :))

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sorry you are looking to have to rehome!

Please make sure you read and sign this thread also:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm sorry you have to rehome. I may know someone in Pittsburgh who wants an Ekkie. I can share your info. She's not on the forum. Would you maybe be willing to meet half way or something?

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
I'm sorry you're having to rehome! I hope your ekkie finds a good home! :)

BoBo

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Antoinette
Hi everyone,
My name Katie and I’m new to the forum. I’ve had Kermit, my male eclectus parrot, for around 4-5 years now. Sadly, I may have to rehome him as I don’t think my home is a suitable environment for him anymore. Our household is very busy and loud and try as we might to make Kermit as happy as possible, he doesn’t react well to the constant noise. We have a large bloodhound and young children and whenever they get rowdy Kermit will cower and scream. He’s a good boy and we’d be sad to see him go but we want him to live in a place he feels safe and secure. We live in the Chicago suburbs and are looking for new loving and dedicated owners with a quieter house. Kermit prefers women, but he can come around to men when given the time and space he needs. He’s good with children and has never bitten or drawn blood, so he could make a good family bird for a mild household. We would charge a modest rehoming fee complete with his large A&E cage just to make sure he’s going to a good place :)

Now some more specific details about Kermit: He’s very smart and he’s picked up on words and phrases such as “good boy” and “love you”, which he’ll repeat from time to time. We were even able to potty train him so he doesn’t poop on the carpet :). He eats mostly fruit and veggies, but we’ve supplemented with pellets when necessary. He gets yearly vet visits and has been cleared at every single one and is in good health. Vet records would be available upon request.

Though we’re still exploring some options, likely the best idea for Kermit and our family would be to find him a loving home that is more suitable for his needs. Because of that, we’re interested only in serious inquiries. Thank you for understanding :)
I live in the Chicago suburbs. I am a 68 YO grandmother who lives alone in a house. I have had some experience with Quaker (Monk) parakeets, cockatiels and Budgies. Would love to chat about his re-homing. I presently live in Chicago Heights. I will be moving to Bradenton Florida in 10 days. My Son Passed away in May, and I am moving into a home near my brother and sister. I have a large cage that has no tenant that was just picked up with most of all my other belongings. I too have an avian vet near me in Glenwood. She is seeking an avian vet for me in Florida.

t_sti

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tiffany
I’m so sorry you have to find Kermit a new home. If you happen to still be looking for a home, I’m very interested and would love to speak further to see if we would be a potential match. I do have vet references from our avian vet, have done tons of research on ekkies and well versed on their specific dietary needs, approved applications from local and out of state rescues (ekkies at every rare in the rescue world and I would much rather adopt vs going through a breeder as I’m in no rush what so ever).