• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming my 2 bonded 1 year old GCC's

javeria

Moving in
Hey everyone,
I'm writing this post with great difficulty after making the heartbreaking decision to re home my two baby conures :sad11:. I have raised them from when they were weeks old, and the are incredibly attached to me as I am to them. Unfortunately, for the past year my husband and I have had numerous fights over the conures because he dislikes animals in general. He thinks they are noisy and messy and is about fed up with them. Recently, it has gotten to the point where our marriage is hanging by a thread because of these sweet little babies and I am no longer allowed to bring my conures out of their cage. With a baby on the way, I cannot afford to cause any more difficulties in my marriage. I love these birds to death and I have tried everything in my power to keep them, but I have to let them go to a better home where they will not be confined to one room and cage and with little attention. UGHHH, just thinking about it makes me tear up, but it's for the best. If anyone is interested in 2 sweet little green cheek conures who can talk and dance :)birdance:) and who will be the most amazing companions; please contact me. I'm looking for someone who has experience with birds and prefer someone who is retired or has a lot of free time. My conures are scared of little kids , so kids won't be preferred either. My conures will come with a free cage and food.Most impotently, I am looking for someone who will give them a lifetime of love and attention like I have for the past year. Thank you.

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry you have to rehome them.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I hope things improve for you.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
i am sorry you have to give your little ones up. Good luck finding the perfect home for them. Hope things get better for you!!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Is it too late to rehome the husband??? ;)

So sorry you are going through this! I worry that maybe this could be a sign of his true behavior and you are better off without him. If your husband can't handle the stress of two birds, then what of a baby and the mess they make? And the noise? And the constant feeding? If I'm reading too much into it, then my apologies.

Whatever happens in the end, I hope everyone lands in a safe home! :) (whether that's just the birds, or you and your baby as well!) :hug8:

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Sweetheart. I am so very sorry you are going tbrough this at this time in your life. I have 4 GCCs and know how one can fall deeply in love with them. I am blessed that I no long can work and am home all day with them. If I can be of any help, I will do what I can. Perhaps they could come stay with me until things get better for you. Prayers for you, and the baby.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Is it too late to rehome the husband??? ;)

So sorry you are going through this! I worry that maybe this could be a sign of his true behavior and you are better off without him. If your husband can't handle the stress of two birds, then what of a baby and the mess they make? And the noise? And the constant feeding? If I'm reading too much into it, then my apologies.

Whatever happens in the end, I hope everyone lands in a safe home! :) (whether that's just the birds, or you and your baby as well!) :hug8:
Read my mind...I do hope you find loving homes for your feathered babies but you are doing this to appease a man & what will happen when the baby makes a mess & screams & cries all night...I am sorry this is happening to you when you are expecting but I think you should look to the future unless you want to spend your life not living your life for you but for someone else...

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
Read my mind...I do hope you find loving homes for your feathered babies but you are doing this to appease a man & what will happen when the baby makes a mess & screams & cries all night...I am sorry this is happening to you when you are expecting but I think you should look to the future unless you want to spend your life not living your life for you but for someone else...
Sweetheart. I am so very sorry you are going tbrough this at this time in your life. I have 4 GCCs and know how one can fall deeply in love with them. I am blessed that I no long can work and am home all day with them. If I can be of any help, I will do what I can. Perhaps they could come stay with me until things get better for you. Prayers for you, and the baby.
I was thinking the same thing.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'll apologize now for my post but I AM thinking of you when I write this comment. How old are your gccs and who came first - your fids or your so-called husband? IF you had your fids before the hubby, he should shut-up and put up; a husband who doesn't take his wife's feelings into consideration and is controlling is not worth keeping or having. I've been there, done that and decided that after living with a jerk for 9 years (and having tried counseling) I wanted to be free to have my own opinions, friends and do the things I liked. It was easy for me because we didn't have kids and I very literally walked away from many things we had as a couple. It won't be that easy for you.

Does your husband realize that kids are noisy and messy too? And that that will last until they move out of your home which will probably be as soon as they can from what little you've said about your hubby? IF you rehome your fids you will live to regret it to your dying day and it can and will cause an irreparable rift in your marriage. Is your husband going to help you with the baby or will you be on your own to take care of it because "that's what women do"?

I'm sorry but I can only shake my head in sadness for you and your gccs. None of you deserve what is happening.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
I can't imagine your pain right now. I have kids and birds, and my hubby isn't a 'bird person'. But I'm very lucky that he enjoys the good and leaves me to deal with the hard stuff. Sending you so many hugs as you navigate this difficult time in your life.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well, I am torn & saddened too but the crux of the post is to find home for the sweeties. She does say they are afraid of little kids so I guess that would mean hers too in the future. We all try to look out for our feathered baby kids but situations do change. & then we must make the best decision for all.
Most important thing is that these find loving hopefully forever homes where they can be birds & appreciated by the family.

Men sometimes change after marriage. All the love & sweetness can be exchanged for demanding controlling creatures. Its very sad when this does. Perhaps he is just stressed because of the child coming? Maybe he is not all that happy with that either & is taking it out on the birds. You really have to look carefully at your situation as him not accepting something you love & allowing you your pleasure & some decision in your life will not get better. Don't make excuses for him though. He's stressed at work or the new child etc as he won;t get better. Life is stressful 7 it will be much more so after a child is in the situation for the next least 18 years...

As far as her decisions in life she has made them & has to live with them & is trying to do her best but lets' hope she chooses wisely...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Most important thing is that these find loving hopefully forever homes where they can be birds & appreciated by the family.
I agree. Hopefully there is someone in NY who can offer a soft place to land.

@javeria I´m so sorry you are having to rehome your birds

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Recently, it has gotten to the point where our marriage is hanging by a thread because of these sweet little babies and I am no longer allowed to bring my conures out of their cage. With a baby on the way, I cannot afford to cause any more difficulties in my marriage.
If he loved and respected you he would never demand something like that.
I will say that because of your baby you really need to think of if this is the kind of person that you want to share the rest of your life with.

I'm so sorry if you chose him, but I hope that your feathered babies find a great forever home.
Hugs to you!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So much wisdom here. We are trying to help and I can only repeat what others have said from experience Life Is too short to live it with a jerk Have you consulted with a lawyer?