• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming Bare Eye Cockatoo, Rehome fee applies, Chicago NW Suburbs

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Prox 5 years old healthy and BUSY Bare-Eye. Gender unknown but suspect the bird is a male. Prefers women over men and needs a home that will share a LOT of attention. Braniff needs to be either an only bird or with similar size species. He is LOUD and can get overzealous when playing. He is also very cuddly (on his own terms) and smart. Braniff is working on "on-command" potty training. He is an expert acrobat flyer and has a pretty good recall (inside only). You will need a large new cage. The one he came in is not suitable.

Adoption application/contract, rehome fee apply and only an experienced cockatoo family please. Please inquire with any questions. 37246.jpeg

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Hope the BE finds a wonderful new home. What is the reason for re-homing if you wish to share that?
Thank you Tanya. We took Braniff (Charlie) in about 5 years ago with intentions of finding the BE a good home, adopted him out to a lady involved in horse rescue. The lady had him for 3-1/2 years but had an abrupt life change and recently brought him back to us as promised in her contract. We drove from Chicago to California to get him so he would not get in the wrong hands (and hoping he might fit in with us) but alas we can not keep him as we already have 5 (quiet birds) in a tiny rental home and this bird is LOUD!

She may have spoiled him a bit as he is very much a velcro bird now. He gets along with me great but is rough and belligerant with hubby (hormones maybe?). Braniff aka Charlie talks : "want some food, got food, water, good morning bird, hi, I love you Robin, hi Charlie, hey google", etc. Fully flighted and acrobatic flyer - which we use to get the energy out...with recall training indoors. And very healthy fully feathered (with negative disease testing).

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He sounds like a wonderful bird. Nice of you to drive out to CA to pick him up. I hope that you are able to find an extra special forever home for him. I have a BE and I know how loud they can get but at least Cody generally just screams at night around bedtime although there is sometimes an exception to that.