• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehome train home

lilparrots4me

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Hi,

I don't know if this is done anymore. I figured I should ask anyway. Would anyone be willing to be part of "train" to get a bird from CA to me in either CT, RI, or MA? Parrot is an RF Macaw.

Thank you,

Lisa

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I saw an RFM up for rehome in Aguanga... which is easily over a 9 hour drive.... one way for me.... and probably a crappy drive in the winter.

Saw a lot of interest in her... she should be about 1 1/2 years old?

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
If you get a train going, keep me in mind. I live south of Indianapolis, and am a " semi" retired truck driver. I would love to help out. Can't be gone for days, as I have four birds and a dog at home. Hogan could come with me if the bird isn't afraid of dogs. He is not aggressive at all to anything, except maybe a wild rabbit. The birds my hubby can care for while he is home daily. He still drives truck.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If coming through PA, I am willing to help.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
So this is likely the same bird then.... I just worry that even if we manage to get a train set up, the owner might just find a home more "locally". :(

I'm not against helping out if I can in some way though.

lilparrots4me

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
So this is likely the same bird then.... I just worry that even if we manage to get a train set up, the owner might just find a home more "locally". :(

I'm not against helping out if I can in some way though.
Yes, I definitely agree. I messaged her to tell her no. She wasn't so much "rehoming" as she was reselling. $2500. I actually found someone to fly in the cabin, but that would have been another $550. Sigh. Not meant to be.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a debbie downer... but I saw her owner posting her on FB and responding to anyone interested... as well as posting to other topics of people looking for macaws. Just the way her owner wrote the add seemed like she was really trying to sell her (hyping up how rare and unique she is), rather than find an ideal home. :(

lilparrots4me

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a debbie downer... but I saw her owner posting her on FB and responding to anyone interested... as well as posting to other topics of people looking for macaws. Just the way her owner wrote the add seemed like she was really trying to sell her (hyping up how rare and unique she is), rather than find an ideal home. :(
No worries! I'm glad you said something because it made me listen to my brain rather than my heart. There's another person in Indiana "rehoming" a male; she seems like a scammer as well.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
No worries! I'm glad you said something because it made me listen to my brain rather than my heart. There's another person in Indiana "rehoming" a male; she seems like a scammer as well.
Have you checked out A Place To Call Home near Connersville, IN? The rescue has many birds. That is where I got Beau two weeks ago. Scott is a nice guy, and you can tell he loves the birds. I have his phone number if you want it.