• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehome - Male Diluted Green Cheek Conure (6 Month old)

Nina789

Moving in
Hello,

We live in SF Bay Area. We bought a male green cheek conure (Max) in early May. Max was hatched in early February 2022. The reason we decided to buy a second conure is because we had a female conure (Cocoa) at home who needed a companion. Cocoa flew away a few days ago because we forgot to close the window. We are very very sad and Max is very sad too. He flies down to the floor ever since and walks around the whole house looking for Cocoa. We think it's better for Max to have an environment change. Max gets along with other conures very well and seems to be a little timid around human. Family or an environment with other companion birds will be very suitable for Max. We did a sex DNA test and the report is available. I will charge a rehoming fee. Please reach out to me at nianjiang789@gmail.com if you are interested in adopting Max.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Nina,

Please be sure to read and post in this thread; ***READ THIS and Sign PRIOR to Posting Your Bird for Rehoming****

I´m sorry to hear Cocoa flew away, don´t give up looking for her, she may just find her way home. Here are some tips to help you in your search;
Have you listed her on www.parrotalert.com ?
Post in facebook groups,
Email all vets (even cats/dogs ones)
create flyers to post in local shops etc
Walk around the streets calling her
Go around the neighbourhood with pictures asking if anyone has seen her
Check neighbours gardens
Check on top of apartment building roofs
Look in the local park in the trees
Advise local animal services (the pound, rescue centres)
Drop a poster off at the police station, fire station

Nina789

Moving in
Thank you Zara. Yes, we made a lot of effort including talking to neighbors, putting up posters and posting on next door. It has been days and my hope is not high :( We will continue the searching process. Thank you so much for your insightful tips.