• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehome Greenwing Macaw (Home Found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannj12

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joel Cannistraro
My name is Joel and I unfortunately and sadly have found myself in a position where I can no longer provider the best care for my Greenwing macaw, Lucy. We have had Lucy now for about six years and she came to us as a rehome as well. I honestly never thought I would see the day that I would be posting anything like this and now I truly understand the pain that hr previous owner was going through when he rehomed Lucy to us.

Lucy is somewhere between 30-36 yrs of age. The previous owners did not know when she was born, however based on the time they had her and the time we have had her we are guessing age to be within the range mentioned about and our avian vet believes that to also be an accurate assessment. She is a very loving bird, loves to snuggle and sit with you. She does prefer men over women and has a limited vocabulary. To ensure the least amount pf stress for Lucy I would be rehoming her with her cage and all her toys. We live near Ann Arbor, Michigan and this time of the year gets very dry so her feathers in the pictures are not in her best. She will take a shower with you but does not like being spritzed down. I am not sure if the previous owners ever tried but she hated it when we first got her.

She is on a Roudybush Daily Maintenance and gets a small variety of nuts as a treat but they are not part of main diet. She loves just about any vegetable and especially loves scrambled eggs.

All in all I need someone who will be able to sit with her and give her the physical and mental attention that I can no longer giver her. All she asks for you your attention and I think that is what drew me to her and why she and I worked so well together. Once she bonded she quickly became part of the everyday routine of my life and now I feel I am letting her down day by day.

I am asking a rehoming fee of $900 for Lucy, her cage and all her toys. The fee is not set is stone but I need to ensure I am not going to be giving her up to someone wanting to try and swap her for a profit either. Please fee free to reach out to me either through this site or through my email, cannj12@gmail.com.

Attachments

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry that you feel that you need to rehome Lucy. I have had Greenwings for 25 years and every one has been a treasure to me.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I hope Lucy finds a so landing with her new home

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry that you feel that you need to rehome Lucy. I have had Greenwings for 25 years and every one has been a treasure to me.
And you have been a huge blessing to each and every one.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm sorry you're having to rehome Lucy. That third picture breaks my heart. :sad5:

Cannj12

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joel Cannistraro
Thank you. She is quite the snuggler and loves that physical interaction beyond words. I am sure everyone here has that connection with your feathered family members but she is the first one that I have ever really experienced this with.

HCK9s

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
I hope Lucy finds her perfect home. I sent you a message @Cannj12 .

Cannj12

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joel Cannistraro
Sorry, I have been out of town this week. i did not see a message in my MSGS box.

Cannj12

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joel Cannistraro
I am sorry, I have totally forgot to update this post. Lucy has found her new home and I could not be happier. Thank you all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.