• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehome 1 Parakeet (Home Found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJShell2

Moving in
Real Name
Nicholas
20230706_184517.jpg

Looking to rehome this bird in the Lafayette Indiana area. Cage and playground included.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It looks like you have a little female. She's very pretty! I'm too far away, and can't add a female to my current mix. I hope you find a very good home for your girl. Can you tell us a bit more? How old is she? How long have you had her?

NJShell2

Moving in
Real Name
Nicholas
It looks like you have a little female. She's very pretty! I'm too far away, and can't add a female to my current mix. I hope you find a very good home for your girl. Can you tell us a bit more? How old is she? How long have you had her?
This one we've had for two years. We thought it was a boy. We had two birds, but one died about six months ago. We're just ready to be done.

Thanks for the reply. If you think of someone who could be interested, feel free to send them the picture.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Brave to post your phone number publicly ;) good way to get added to spam call lists! ( I can edit it out for you if you wish)

Hope you find a nice home! :)

NJShell2

Moving in
Real Name
Nicholas
Brave to post your phone number publicly ;) good way to get added to spam call lists! ( I can edit it out for you if you wish)

Hope you find a nice home! :)
Right? It's not like I don't get dozens of robot calls a day already!
I wasn't expecting the emails to keep me updated with the responses as well as they are, so yeah, you can edit the number out.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You could relinquish your girl to a local parrot rescue. You have Frosty and Friends Exotic Bird Rescue in North Manchester, IN. There is also A Place to Call Home Parrot Rescue in Connersville, IN. It would be worth calling them to ask.

SkyeP

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Debra L Picard
I'm not sure what happened but I'm sort you need to rehome your parakeet. I live on the east coast far from where you live. Is your parakeet a female? The top of the beak looks female. Please be careful who you rehome her too! I've been in rescue for many years and some people can't be trusted with the animal one p!erson that asked to adopt one of my rescued pit bulls lied about everything and after only a year she brought him to be gassed!! In.my contract I said that if you can no longer keep Brody, he's to come back to me only. I found out she kept him chained in the basement I fostered him for 5 months and knew he was a very lovable boy! We were deciding to keep him with the other 4 we kept. I should have listened to my gut feelings about this woman! never again! I kept the 4 sweet dogs we decided that keep and moved to 30 acres so I started rescuing unwanted goats I rescued 21 and didn't have to rehome them. Please be careful especially if your beautiful bird is free! YOU should ask for a little money for her. Just suggesting because as I stated I've been in rescue since 1993. prayers for your sweet bird

NJShell2

Moving in
Real Name
Nicholas
We were able to rehome him through a Facebook group.
You can close/archive this post

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!