• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehabilitated

CStone

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
This was the mess I came home to.:grumpy: I had to use a scraper to get the water stains off the glass and got a new filter and heater for it, but the lid was still good and the lights worked. I managed to decorate the whole tank out of things I already had collected over the years. I seeded the nitrogen cycle using filter media from my daughter's established tank and there is one old molly in there enjoying his new home, also from my daughter's tank. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. :) I can't wait to start stocking it.

Before:
IMG_1908.JPG

After:
IMG_1944 (2).JPG

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
What a wonderful outcome! :)

Dania

Strolling the yard
Looking good. What are you going to stock it with?

CStone

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Looking good. What are you going to stock it with?
Thanks! I definitely want a small school of Rummynose Tetras and maybe a small school of Glowlight Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras. Then I'll add in a betta.

Dania

Strolling the yard
Well one thing I want to say would get me in trouble.

That sounds good. I now have a small shoal of false Julii catfish in my 10 gallon and Helios will be reintroduced to the tank on Saterday since I have the three days off. I did briefly have a bloodfin tetra. Got him instead of the 6th catfish.

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
The tank looks great! It must have taken ages to clean though... but the effort was worth it, your aquarium is so bright and colorful!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love harlequins! They're so peaceful. I have a school in my tank. :)