• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitation

Tuckerring

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alli
Hi,

I have an male Indian Ringneck who just turned 3. I’ve only had him for a year and for the first part of it, he behaved well and was trained to play with his own things.

however, in the last half of the year, he started regurgitating on everything that was metallic, reflective or had a corner, but it was easy to distract him from it. But now the last month or two, he has been excessively regurgitating on absolutely everything you can think of. Blind rods, towels, black objects (his favorite), doors, metals, buttons. The list goes on. The blind pulleys were the worst, he starts screaming loudly whenever they were touched and would lunge and find every opportunity to take them out of their socket whenever I didn’t look (they are removed now). I understand its breeding season, but this is borderline beyond normal behavior.

I already took out a number of things from my room, including blinds, mirrors, cover up all electronics with towel, but now he regurgitates on them, hide all my clothes, and pillows under the blanket. He becomes extremely possessive of everything around him and his hormones seem so hyper focused on this, that his favorite bird videos or treats wouldnt even stop him from regurgitation. He has a vet appointment in a month, i couldnt get him in any sooner unfortunately, but do you have any tips on how to help tone down this hormone issue until then?

(I don’t have a bird room nor can I get a companion bird for him, so this option is unfortunately not available)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
May I ask how much sleep/dark time he’s getting each night? I upped my hormonal CH Conure to 13.5 to 14 hours each night. He has stopped regurgitating to me, thankfully!

Tuckerring

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alli
He sleeps for 12 hours usually, but that’s a great suggestion!

May I ask how much sleep/dark time he’s getting each night? I upped my hormonal CH Conure to 13.5 to 14 hours each night. He has stopped regurgitating to me, thankfully!