• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitation

PepperGrey

Moving in
Real Name
Christine
Hello! I have a three month old baby Grey. She is almost entirely weaned and she is clipped, although she can still fly a little. I noticed today she ate almost 40 mms of formula and then threw up twice. She has only thrown up once before. Is this normal?

Beakz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melisa
Im no expert but i wanted to share that i had a similar experience with my macaw when she was about 5 months old, she started regurgitating her food, at first it wouldn't be often but then she slowly started doing it daily over the course of the week and i had tried everything thinking it was the temperature or amount of the food, i ended up taking her to the vet because i noticed weight loss, which is normal when fledgling age but it still worried me, they had to do several tests and even a x-ray to see if anything was wrong and although nothing came back wrong the vet assumed she must of had a slow crop, so he prescribed two different meds and in a week she was all better. What im saying is, just keep a close eye on her, maybe give her less formula and make sure shes really eating her food, monitor her throughout the day , but if you see no improvement definitely go to the vet

Last edited:

PepperGrey

Moving in
Real Name
Christine
Ok thats very helpful helpful. It’d my first time weaning a bird I am sooo nervous. Lol

—Chris and Pepper:tag: