• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitation

Cocoandgwing

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, all!

This is my first post to the Avian Avenue Pet Forum! I have a harlequin macaw (we were still looking when I made the name, not sure how to change my username. I would appreciate anyone helping me with that too.) named Chloe. She can say play games such as peek-a-boo, if you mimic a telephone ringer she says hi, and she gives kisses.
However, whenever she talks, she shakes her neck up and down, and on a few occasions has regurgitated some vomit.
We've tried ignoring it, but that has made no progress so far.
At some point, I read online (not sure if it was a credible source) that if your bird is doing this, it is a sign of affection if they are sexually mature (my bird is just over 2 years, so i don't think so) it is a sign of affection, butt if they are not, it is an illness.
Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!
-Connor

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
With any new bird I suggest an avian vet appointment just to know where you stand health wise. :)

Regurgitating motions are up and down, they bring up the food to share. :D Vomiting is side to side and they throw the food against the walls. :wtf:

I'm regurgitated on about 5-10 times a day. :laugh: I politely say no thank you and walk away.

Let me know what you would like to change your username to, I can do that for you.

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif to AA!

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Ok, question then, Odin will "tap tap tap" my head and then I find seed and other stuff in my hair. Is that regurg?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yep, Odin that is regurgitating. All most all parrots will show affection (not just sexual interest) in this manner. Like Sarah, I just leave when the regurgitation starts.

BigMacWonder

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne

Regurgitating motions are up and down, they bring up the food to share. :D Vomiting is side to side and they throw the food against the walls. :wtf:

View attachment 229113 to AA!
Ah! Now I know what was going on.... she just shared some overnight hard boiled egg with me...:depressed: