• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent regurgitation or vomiting?

auxobl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rhett
i was wondering is this is regurgitation or vomiting as i can't tell. i took my bird out and after a minute or two he bobbed his head and clear-ish stuff came out then came this. he bobbed his head for most of it and flicked his head a couple times after each time he regurgitated/vomited. i feel kinda dumb for not being able to tell the difference but i am extremely worried 16264645834333260368485711524408.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Regurgitation is controlled. They do it voluntarily and often with purpose.

Vomit they are not in control. It happens whether they want it to or not. Flicking of the head and flinging food is common.

My guess would be this is vomit.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
and flicked his head a couple times after each time he regurgitated/vomited
:agreed: This definitely looks and sounds like vomiting. Had he just eaten? Maybe he just ate to much, especially if this is a one-off. If this happens frequently then you need a vet.

auxobl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rhett
:agreed: This definitely looks and sounds like vomiting. Had he just eaten? Maybe he just ate to much, especially if this is a one-off. If this happens frequently then you need a vet.
he had eaten a bit beforehand and this was the first time it had happened. it startled me a bit. he seemed fine right before and right after so i was kind of thrown off by it

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Keep an eye on him and if it happens again or he shows any signs of being unwell contact your vet.
He may have just eaten a little too much but best to be observant and act ASAP if it happens again.