• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitation or Vomit? Please help!

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
Hi guys,

I don't know if I've got a problem or not, my GCC just threw up... it could be that regurgitated or it could be actual vomit.

Now I did try to read up on the matter as much as I could, and he did NOT have any "vomit" smell, or sticky foods on his head, as a matter of fact my brother saw the whole thing.

My mom was kissing him then my brother picked him up for a couple of kisses and once he put him back on his perch "inside the cage " he apparently just had food coming out. According to my brother, there was no rapid shaky movement nor was there any head bobbings prior to him throwing up, he says it just came out normally and there was also some in his mouth which he then swallowed back.

So I'm pretty inexperienced, but from somewhat research I've done on the matter I feel like my GCC just regurgitated, the only thing that doesn't quite add up is the lack of any head bobbings. Is that normal does this sound like regurgitation to you guys?

Also "he" hasn't been sexed so I just call him a he, also poop wise it's A OK and he's very active aswell.

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Bird tosses his cookies during car rides. No ill effects. I don't know much. But in my (limited) experience, it is harmless.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Bailey got sick once, after it came up he shook it out of himself, like flinging it away. You could definitely tell it was not regurgitating. He had made it to my rum and coke and took 1 sip before I got to him so I knew what the problem was. He threw up a couple times, but once it was out he went back to eating and acting normally. Hope that helps :shrug:

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
A week ago my gcc was "pecking " on my hand ,then shook her head and throw up slung out. She didn't seem sick in any way so I guessed it was regurgitation even though there was no head bobbing. A week later no sign of a problem.

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
Thankyou for your replies!

No you see it's not a "vomit" action, it was very subtle, no head bobs nothing just as soon as he was put on his cage he just brought back up what he had eaten.

Today I got him a new cage, and a couple of toys and he's energetic as ever, mischievous lil dude. So I'm not going to look into it anymore since he's eating, drinking, playing, curious as always and his poops are completely normal too. I'll give it a week if I see anything off I'll definitely take him to a vet. :)

tasha1986

Moving in
Real Name
tasha dawson
A week ago my gcc was "pecking " on my hand ,then shook her head and throw up slung out. She didn't seem sick in any way so I guessed it was regurgitation even though there was no head bobbing. A week later no sign of a problem.

my new sun conure was doing this to me today and when i looked it up to see what was wrong with her it turns out she was regurgitating and trying to "feed" my fingers thinking they are chicks

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Awww! It's too bad they can't be mamas like they wanna be