• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitation help pls!!!

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mango has been regurgitating a lot frequently he starts to bob his head up and down while heading my fingers with his beak and even when I move my fingers he doesn’t stuff or gets annoyed and starts biting really hard, he also chews and re eats the regurgitated stuff, I really hate having my fingers covered in sticky bits and really want him to stop, or would like advice about whether this is fine to let countinuw, help appreciated, thx!!

Gigibirds

He could just be hormonal........My bird also eats her regurgitated grossness, so don't worry about that! I hope someone here knows how to/if you should stop it! Sorry that I couldn't help much!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I made a typo it should be “while hitting my fingers” and “he doesn’t stop”

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
How old is Mango? How do you normal interact with him, where are you touching him? I would generally avoid this type of interaction with your bird as it is unwanted by you and not a healthy way your bird should view you. I would be more concerned if he is losing weight from over regurgitating. Normal when at the bird store, as soon as I see this behavior start I put the bird down and ignore.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
He’s not losing weight and I have started not putting my hand in front of him at all, I’m generally just playing or hanging out with him, he’s about a year and a half now

babybagel

Sitting on the front steps
And I think his mouth is starting to stink like rotten fruit, which is concerning

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
And I think his mouth is starting to stink like rotten fruit, which is concerning
I would advise you to take your bird to the vet, it could be candidiasis or a bacterial infection.