• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regarding that cotton spiral toy

WikiThePed

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Wiktoria K.
I have that spiral rope toy and i noticed they chew on the end strings, I know its safe but im afraid of the choke hazard, i have tried trimming it but its tiresome and it doesnt guarantee anything, I have thought of putting it outside the cage since we will be there to monitor them but im not sure, any advice?

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
If they are chewing on the rope fibres, I would take it out. The rope fibres will get trapped in their stomach, and that can be fatal. If your birds have a tendency to chew on rope, I would take it out, and replace with natural wood perches. :budgie2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yep, I'd remove it if they are chewing on it.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Cutting the fibers will really not help because they will continue to chew on the ends. Bet bet is to remove any fibers from the bird cage and please know we have wonderful vendors here on AA that make safe toys..

WikiThePed

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Wiktoria K.
Cutting the fibers will really not help because they will continue to chew on the ends. Bet bet is to remove any fibers from the bird cage and please know we have wonderful vendors here on AA that make safe toys..
Thanks, I have taken it out and while i did see rope toys today without the frayed ends I decided not to go for it for safety reasons. I dont wanna buy online if its possible due to the wait and also shipping costs, toys are expensive enough and such.