• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommended Toys for Small Parrots

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
As you may know, the holiday season is swiftly approaching! :) As parronts, we are responsible for ensuring the happiness and well-being of our "fids". This brings me to the question: What toys do you recommend for smaller parrot species (lovebirds, parakeets, cockatiels, small conures, etc.)? What are some of your birds' personal favorites? What category of toy do your birds like? I'm all ears! ;)

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
My budgies love chewing on sisal rope and picking at cardboard! :cool:
I babysat for an English Budgie and he goes crazy for paper!
My birds love shredding toys.
For budgies I think they like soft toys like balsa and loofah.

Last edited:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Mine all love stainless steel toys with beads. They also love anything made of balsa. Pine cut really thin is also a favorite.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
My over birds love...
Balsa! Next seagrass mats (my budgies pick)
Next would be vine/willow! I always forget about it, but my budgies love bells too.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a bigger bird but she's a wuss when it comes to chewing. She likes paper, cardboard, balsa, sola, mahogany pods, lolly sticks, wooden or bamboo coffee stirrers, loofah, thin slices of pine cut acoss the grain, carboard bagels... Loofah is her current favourite. She ignored bagels for a year (just after I'd bought a pack of 100, haha) but is showing interest in them again.

@Mizzely's Lil Monsters toys are some of the best toys that she's had the pleasure of destroying. There's lots of small and thoughtfully designed stuff for small birds.

Guava123

Walking the driveway
Planet pleasures and parrot joy have nice toys you can get small.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My budgies love the mini brickhouse bell from Stainless Steel Bird Toys! They also like loofa chews & some ring swings from Oliver's Garden (had to take it away temporarily to braid it as Marzipan wants to eat thread). As of last night, Pistachio figured out how to use the BeMore stainless hoops from BeMore Bird Supplies. This is significant as it's the first toy he figured out how to use before Marzipan. They also love twisty perches.

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
Bells, bells, and more bells. Crinkled paper that gets stuffed into a foraging toy (mini cage) is also a big hit, as is the wooden/sisal bridge recently added to the toy arsenal. Did I mention bells already?!

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Bird kabobs are a favourite, and woven corn husk mats!

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I have bourke's and they seem to like a bird brush.