• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommended cages?

Diana029

Moving in
I'm currently looking for a cage for a canary that I'm getting in a month or so, and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations.
Length can be up to 75cm, depth 45cm, and no more than 150cm high. I'm placing the cage on a shelf, so I would prefer not to have a built-in rolling stand.
Would these size guidelines be fine for one canary?
Budget is $150 CAD.

Diana029

Moving in
P.S.: I will have a play stand outside of the cage, and the bird will be allowed out of cage time each day.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The first thing to keep in mind is that for most species of birds, including canaries, length is much more important than height. Also, could 150cm tall cage fit on top of a shelf?

Diana029

Moving in
I'm removing one or two unused shelves, it should be fine

Diana029

Moving in
I'm currently looking for a cage for a canary that I'm getting in a month or so, and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations.
Length can be up to 75cm, depth 45cm, and no more than 125cm high. I'm placing the cage on a shelf, so I would prefer not to have a built-in rolling stand.
Would these size guidelines be fine for one canary?
Budget is $150 CAD.
I've fixed my height, sorry for the mix up, I meant 120cm.

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
This is the smallest size I would use for a canary. It's a little bit deeper than your measurements, but it's hard to find something 45 cm deep that has enough space otherwise .