• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommendations

Tenleigh

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tenleigh
Do anyone have any recommendations for games/activities to play with your bird? I’m running out of ideas!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Without a list of what you’ve done already you’re likely to get suggestions that are not new ideas for you…

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Do anyone have any recommendations for games/activities to play with your bird? I’m running out of ideas!
I had to look at my google docs to find my list:
peekaboo, fetch with a toy, puzzle games, wing flapping bouncing on hand, dance, which cup is the treat under?, swing on a rope, hide and seek, throw or stack a tower of cups for them to knock down, pass the birdy round, paint, tag/chase (sometimes they will chase a string around), any kind of exercise, dress-up birdy, mimic each other, tug of war, sharing a meal together, take a shower together, do a chore together.

Some of these won't work for some birds, and could be uncomfortable for them so pay attention to their body language and dislikes. Passing a bird to other people is not fun for some birds and they might bite. For painting I have my birds walk in food coloring on a piece of paper for some treats. And the dress-up is just being silly. I set a piece of paper on them like a cape, or a little hat. Never tie anything on them, and some birds won't care for it, it's more of a game for my Too.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a large plastic ball that I roll back and forth for Chewie. I also got some of the King brand dog toys and stuffed walnuts and almonds inside of them. He's not interested in chewing on them, but he's figured out that if he throws them around enough a treat will fall out for him. He's good at self-entertainment. All he needs is a wooden perch to chew on and he's a happy boy.