• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommendations for ordering seed online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
Our local store quit ordering the 20lbs bags of food. Really sucks because they are close by, had good prices, and the birds enjoyed the seed mix. So we went to a few feed stores, and I about fell over when I saw the price. Was hoping some of you order online and could direct me to your favorite sites:)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I currently do not have a favorite site and normally do more pellets then seed
and birdie bread what kind of seed are you looking for

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
well, i need 3 different kinds of seed. I need parakeet, cockatiel, and a conure, or large hookbill. I know seeds are not the best diet, i regularly feed them fruit, veggies and other goodies. I have pelletf for keets, but they really dont bother with them, instead they enjoy kicking them around. the tiels get really confused when I offer pellets. *sigh* i have tried all kinds of tricks, but they really get upset with no seed. I fear they would loose wieght and not make the transition to pellet. but they eat breads, and birdee pancakes, and have started to eat apple. finally! I could get away with a sunflower free mix for those guys. the conures would have a heart attack with no sunflower. Ruby, a waglers, now eats pretty much anything we put in front of her...except pellet. but our mitred is 25, and has been on ONLY sunflower, unfortunately. We have had him for 2 months, and he gets super upset if his bowl is sunflowerless. the previous owner wanted to make him happy, so just gave him those. i fear a menu change on this guy would stop his heart:(
i want to say i was buying passion parrot from the store. i get the 20lbs bags, they last a long time. any help is appreciated, i am new to this and dont know where to start unfortunately.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Well, I nearly fell over when I was price checking for some of the Volkman Featherglow of the Birdie Buffet Soak & Serve and wanted to buy the 25 pound bag of it so when I checked with my Distributor which is the same one Tamera uses... they were like $3.00 more than what I could buy it for at the "Wingin It" Seed Factory here in California in Cere... their price is not even at wholesale price so I was quite surprised to see that the Distributor was charging more than what I could buy it for at retail from their site. Birdseed.com Wingin it! - Home Page They've been in business for many, many years and I have bought from them in the past and know their stuff well.

I was buying the Volkman Featherglow Soak & Serve for my own birds to feed it to.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
One site I checked charged almost the cost of the seed for shipping...holy crap...I just dont know how the little store was charging such great prices. I think I will go there today, and see if I can get the number to the seed seller, distributor, whatever they are called.
I am actually quite stressed about this. I was laid off in the summer, and hope to god these will not be new seed prices. for sure I dont mean to complain, I get them all they need. but we have been watching money more and more, to the point we dont buy "things" anymore.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
Well, I nearly fell over when I was price checking for some of the Volkman Featherglow of the Birdie Buffet Soak & Serve and wanted to buy the 25 pound bag of it so when I checked with my Distributor which is the same one Tamera uses... they were like $3.00 more than what I could buy it for at the "Wingin It" Seed Factory here in California in Cere... their price is not even at wholesale price so I was quite surprised to see that the Distributor was charging more than what I could buy it for at retail from their site. Birdseed.com Wingin it! - Home Page They've been in business for many, many years and I have bought from them in the past and know their stuff well.

I was buying the Volkman Featherglow Soak & Serve for my own birds to feed it to.

so that site has great prices! but why is shipping so much? $73 for shipping alone....:(
if i must, i must. and i will. but good lord...

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I definitely recommend TLA, because they rock and have an awesome selection. I think they even have some Beak Appetit left! :eek:

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
I currently have all my products 15% off, not as good as Wingin It but the shipping certainly isn't $73! I also use the same distributor as Tamara and Jan. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.