• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

recommend your favorite toy stores to buy from

anuska

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anuska
Hi all , I'm looking for good websites that sell toys for my Amazons at affordable prices preferably in the U.S , if any one of you have favorites that you'd like to recommend please feel free to do so. Also what are your favorite kinds of toys that you leave to your fids unsupervised , I have a paranoia of accidents happening while I'm not at home with them and have had experienced some accidents in the past which only makes me more skeptic in the types of toys I trust to leave with them when I'm not around. I know all toys pose some risk but I would like some recommendations of toys that you all think are least harmful and ones that you leave to your fids when you're at work. Also do share favorite toys of your fids , I seem to have trouble finding any that my fids love , they have already refused to even go near the swings, or foraging toys , even the stimulative toys like those mobile phones that talk , they only seem to like colourful plastic toy links so if you all have any ideas please do share , thanks :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Personally I love filling kabobs with toy parts. Toy parts are great because the there lot of variety, they're cost effective and there is lots of stores that sell them. I think they really safe too. The only non safe thing is you gotta be careful with toy parts callec bagels. You need to pick the right size with them so you bird's head can't get stuck in them. :)

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I know the store I like is in Canada- but shipping is an amazing price for that distance, and I am unable to find anything like their stuff. Plus they are a vendor here on AA. :)
I definitely recommend @parrothotel /shop

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Amazons????

Avian Stainless 20160826_203126.jpg
This is on one zons cage....he rings the bell for attention. Doris worked with me because I was paranoid about safety and answered tons of questions.

I have skewers with wood chunks. Secret loves the wafers from mother pluckin Bird toys (they're a softer wood or something, haven't figured it out).

Tweetie Bird Toys is running a sale now. I've bought from her before she opened this store.
To be continued.....

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I get all my toy parts from Thing for Wings ...she is in Canada ..she is also a vendor on AA ...and she happens to have great toys :fairy2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
In addition to the ones mentioned, I really like Byrd Bell, My Safe Bird Store, Drs Foster & Smith, and Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys. I looove the spiral skewers and soft wood from MPBT for avid wood chewers :) For noisy toys, Avian Stainless is my go-to :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Avian antics has wood that MC likes on his skewers. Oliver's Garden has beautiful toys that I buy and have to pry out of my own hands. Still hoarding a Jimmy Halfa lobster, he's gorgeous. We do have fantastic vendors here.

Any toy/perch can be dangerous. Seriously. You just need to monitor them daily (or more often!). You will learn to do it quickly. The links that hold the toys can come unscrewed. I personally prefer no chains (other than avian stainless) in my cages but that's me. Generally leather strips (and they have to be safely done, think vegetable) or skewers to put toys on.

Check rope perches and trim loose strings.

We have a thread that talks about dangerous toys also....Check that out.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Nothing more to add other than you have received excellent advice.

Laura729

Jogging around the block
If they seem to like plastic, you could try getting different plastic parts and string them on leather cord or stainless steel skewers. The stores mentioned above are all great! California Bird Nerds (CABN) has lots of toy parts too.
Have you tried the foraging toys with clear plastic (so they can see the treat, for motivation :roflmao:)? Those are the only kind Charlie will play with. :)
The amazons at the rescue where all volunteer all love chewing up cardboard. You can cut strips and put them onto skewers for an easy DIY toy. :)

Percy&Ivan

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
I know the store I like is in Canada- but shipping is an amazing price for that distance, and I am unable to find anything like their stuff. Plus they are a vendor here on AA. :)
I definitely recommend @parrothotel /shop

Same Here!! I LOVE parrot hotel, great prices and shipping is great and im over 1000 miles away!