• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recently put two green cheeks together in same cage

vista101

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sean
I have waited for a couple months before deciding to allow our new green cheek to be with are slightly older by about six months. It wasnt till I heard them doing the same call over and over again and seeing how well they played together before I did such. But now it seems they have found that they love sleeping on top of each other in a small happy hut. I'm so curious if that is common when having two birds in the same cage to want to lay there heads on each other. I know that they are now sleeping better then before.

Attachments

vista101

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sean
Thought it was so adorable that they wanted to share one I constantly get them trying tp both also perch on my one finger at the same time.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:heart::heart::heart:

unicornlady7

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Christa
That is so cute! Aristotle and Merlin also share a cage (which made Merlin less jumpy), but they have a larger hut. They like to sleep either side by side facing the same direction or sleep side by side facing opposite directions - keeping an eye on both ends? Lol! And they like to wrestle in it which is quite funny!

vista101

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sean
I have to keep it in mind next time to get a bigger happy hut they seem better behaved together than on opposite ends of my sun conures cage. Part the reason I wanted another green cheek conure as close to the same age as I wanted the bird to have a friend. My sun conure is not as social to pets he runs from them. The gcc have beautiful personalities as all birds. One day I hope to get a macaw after building my experience with them and a local bird breeder. :)

vista101

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sean
I was shocked to see them shift personalities then again when I got kiwi she taught are slightly older bird to eat pellets in away each bird benefits. Struggled for months getting them on consistent diet and now they eat the same and share the cage now. Maybe it was the trip I recently took for a week that they realized they want to be together even though they were boarded by a breeder that has a special heart for the little conures.