• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recall training parrotlet addition

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
Hey everyone, my little girl has finally discovered her flight feathers, they have semi grown back in after her molt and I couldn’t be happier! I feel like such a proud parent!

so that leads me to my question. She’ll happily flight to me when I coax her to but how to I get her to fly to her home base or play stand? With out me asking her to setup to the stand. She’s a smart cookie and she has me well tamed as her slave already lol
Figured I’d add our breakfast picture also

Attachments

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
That's a cute picture! I would suggest getting her to fly to you while you stand by the play stand. Have a different vocal cue when you do this. Hover your hand near the play stand and if she lands on it when you use that vocal cue, give her a treat. Eventually, move farther and farther away from the play stand, but only reward her when she lands on the play stand after you use the cue. Hope this helps!

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
@budgieluv3 IT WORKED now to practice lol. I said stand while she was at the opening of her cage and she landed! I should of had her treats ready quicker lol