• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Really upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

artgeek09

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Jessica
Savannah just took a hit at Donnie and now he's got a beak wound.
I was putting one on each shoulder while I got their water bowls cleaned out, and Savannah apparently decided that she wanted to be the only one sitting on Mom, so in less than a second she reached behind my head and got Donnie. He's now got a dent on each side of his beak. No bleeding, inside or outside of the beak. I used a q-tip to feel if there was any bleeding as well as check for roughness on the inside of his beak, and luckily there was none. I made a cayenne pepper paste and put it on the outside of his beak just in case. He just got off his antibiotics from his crop infection too.

I already have an appointment for him this thursday morning, and since there's no blood I'll wait for thursday to take him in, but I'm just so angry at myself for letting this happen. Donnie is happily sitting in his cage now acting normal and eating. He isn't showing any pain symptoms, but hopefully the cayenne pepper will help him if there's any pain.

I'm just so upset that I allowed this to happen. I'm so careful to keep them apart normally, and this happens. I don't know what's gotten into Savannah. They usually get along during the few times that they've been close together (of course under VERY close supervision). Guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention, and I'm going to have to have one out or the other at any point in time.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhh....I'm sorry there was an incident. Watch how Donnie does when it's time to eat in case he'd prefer a little soft food. Please keep us updated. :hug8:

topazldy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Linda
Accidents happen, so don't be too hard on yourself! It is hard to predict when they are going to misbehave, especially when they aren't visible to watch the eyes and body language. Breeding season is coming soon, so that may be triggering some aggressivnes in Savannah. Just keep an eye on her for the next several months, and watch her behavior.

I hope Donnie recovers ok. Let us know what the vet says!!!

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
I'm so sorry. Accidents happen. Tell us how the vet visit goes. :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Accidents happen. I hope Donnie's beak is fine and he is feeling better soon :hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Hugs for Donnie:hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, accidents happen! I hope he's OK, Keep us posted!:hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor Donnie,I hope he is feeling better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.