• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Really pale and polyuric droppings

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Percy is going through his juvenile molt. He has remained more active than Merlin at the height of his molt, but I'm starting to get worried about his droppings. At first I thought the lighter color might be because Percy has become very fond of Harrison's pellets, and eats them before and after his two servings of seeds each day.

20211203_084150.jpg
They have also both gotten better about eating their veggies, but are only really interested in broccoli rabe and dandelion greens.

They are both overdue for a wellness check but my schedule at work has been very challenging lately. Just wanted to see what you guys think because I will find time to take off if this looks concerning.

20211203_084132.jpg
Second picture is Merlin and Percy's overnight droppings side-by-side from this morning.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Following Percy like a creeper and his most recent dropping looks ok? Not sure about urates... Not sure why so watery at night... 20211203_142428.jpg

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Following Percy like a creeper and his most recent dropping looks ok? Not sure about urates... Not sure why so watery at night... View attachment 398473
This poop looks like a normal pellet poop to me. Keep an eye on both birds and watch for behavior changes and poop changes....but I don't think you have to be a "creeper" (just a conscientious parrot parent).

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
This poop looks like a normal pellet poop to me. Keep an eye on both birds and watch for behavior changes and poop changes....but I don't think you have to be a "creeper" (just a conscientious parrot parent).
Oh that would be a relief-- it is hard to find pictures of specific things. Both of them are eating significantly more pellets. Percy is growing in some very tender primaries, I think-- I saw a vivid dark pink (not bloody or raised, like a cyst) area when he raised his wing-- it's easier to see because he's all white. I was worried until I saw photos of molting mute swans-- you can see their unharmed blood feathers clearly where coverts haven't fully grown in, and it looks just like what I saw.