• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Really bad molt?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I don’t think it’s her diet. You can try misting her to help them soften and to relieve any itchiness. I had a cockatiel that would not let me touch his head, so his pin feathers would last a really long time. It seemed like by the time they went away he had new ones from another molt. Misting helped a bit. Since they were softer, when he scratched they would break up more. She’s cute!

bird_mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shay
I don’t think it’s her diet. You can try misting her to help them soften and to relieve any itchiness. I had a cockatiel that would not let me touch his head, so his pin feathers would last a really long time. It seemed like by the time they went away he had new ones from another molt. Misting helped a bit. Since they were softer, when he scratched they would break up more. She’s cute!
Thank you! I’ll try misting her occasionally (She doesn’t like that either haha).

Tazlima

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
If misting isn't possible, can you bring her (with or without cage) into the bathroom while you shower? The steam will soften them a little.

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
You can usually tell whether they’re bothering her by seeing whether she’s scratching her head on pretty much everything, like mine are doing at the moment. You could also put a bath in or outside her cage.