• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

***READ THIS and Sign PRIOR to Posting Your Bird for Rehoming****

Tirzah15

Checking out the neighborhood
Before re homing your bird to anyone on Avian Avenue please do your research.

Do a home visit first.
Look their name up on google.
Check out if they have any prior convictions for animal abuse.
Ask for a reference, ask for 3 references.
Are they involved with a bird rescue? Ask for a reference from there.
How long have they been a member on Avian Avenue?

This applies to Craigslist, kijiji, Facebook, anywhere online.

Consider contacting a local reputable rescue to help you prior to posting for help.

Why? We have had animal abusers, bird flippers (take your bird and sell it the next day) and more.

PLEASE do your research, you owe it to your bird. Out of sight out of mind, only for the time being. If you find something out later, you will forever regret your decision. Trust me, it happens.

If you post your bird here, you will be contacted by people looking for a FREE bird. Always charge a rehoming fee, a fair one.

Prior to post approval, please acknowledge you have read this by responding that it has been read.
I've read this post - very wise advice thank you!

burntsaliv

Moving in

Do a home visit first.

Consider contacting a local reputable rescue to help you prior to posting for help.

Why? We have had animal abusers, bird flippers (take your bird and sell it the next day) and more.

PLEASE do your research, you owe it to your bird. Out of sight out of mind, only for the time being. If you find something out later, you will forever regret your decision. Trust me, it happens.

If you post your bird here, you will be contacted by people looking for a FREE bird. Always charge a rehoming fee, a fair one.

Prior to post approval, please acknowledge you have read this by responding that it has been read.
read!

:)C&B

Walking the driveway

Do a home visit first.

Read

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash

Do a home visit first.

Read

Cannj12

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joel Cannistraro

Do a home visit first.

Read through it.

jenwren59

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer

Do a home visit first.

I have read this. Thank you for your diligence on this site

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe

Do a home visit first.

Read and signed.

CathyMarie

Checking out the neighborhood

Do a home visit first.

Read & agree

ALRAINBOW

Moving in
Real Name
ALFONSO
I have contacted my local avian and exotic pet vet. They gave me a rescue and I have filled
out there form

one concern I have is they say I can’t see the new owner before hand
tnis means my babies are there’s to do what they wish. not a go for me.

Lily_Tom

Moving in
Real Name
Diane

Do a home visit first.

Read. Thank you.