• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Re-Do

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
How weird is this?

I've noticed lately that I've reverted to "Baby Blue" instead of calling my Lovebird "Ren" because the name just doesn't suit him anymore. It did he was younger, before I knew him better, before he became more mature and bossy and decidedly independent. Now it just doesn't work.

So he's back to Baby Blue until I can decide what suits the little bug. He's still under a year old and really only had a name for about 4 months. I figure it's now or never if I'm going to change it, but in the meantime to be absolutely 98% positive (because even testing can screw up), he's being tested to make sure he's a boy (which I'm already 90% sure of).

Blue_zps4ba031dd.jpg

I have a few ideas, but suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
really cute:heart:

YourSoJelly

Meeting neighbors
Wow, that's a GORGEOUS bird!!! What about the color blue, but in different shades? Or blue in other languages. If I ever got a African Grey, I would name him Lupo. That's Italian for wolf. It's just an idea I've always loved. :)

Cyreen

I think (once we have the test results) he needs good old fashion boy's name.

When I first brought him home, I tried the "blue" names (i.e. Aio, Azure, Cyan) and water names (I like "Eddy" but there are just too many "ee" names running around my house already - Ollie, Lexi, Darby...) and I'm kinda partial to Asian names for birds, which is how he ended up with Ren to begin with (little body, little name, doesn't suit the BIG attitude).

Cyreen

Wahoo! It's official, there's rooster in the hen house and his new big boy name is Jake.

We've been test driving the name for a few days (I was pretty sure he was a he) and he seems to like Jake. I know, not terribly original, but it suits him.