• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rate my birds daily diet! (Feedback is welcome)

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
I give my birds veggie chop every morning that consists of over 5 grains, over 6/7 veggies, and 2 healthy seeds that is sprinkled every morning. They also have their cuttlebone, their seed/pellet mix, a veggie/fruit for a snack (fruit is given rarely/once a week), and lastly treats for training(sesame seeds/millet). Is my birds diet diverse enough?? Rate my birds diet and I need some suggestions to make birds diet top-notch. I tried bird bread, but they didn’t really show any interest in
it. (Ps. My birds are budgies and they are pretty picky)

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
sounds pretty good obviously it depends on whats in ur chop, and what pellets and seed mix ur using, but overall pretty good

Skyandkiwi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Misk
sounds pretty good obviously it depends on whats in ur chop, and what pellets and seed mix ur using, but overall pretty good
Here is just some of the veggies and grains in my chop: Green beans, cauliflower, spinach, arugula, carrot, radish, broccoli, green peas, red quinoa, white quinoa, black quinoa, amaranth, lentils, brown rice, etc.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Rate my diet is the wrong way to look at it in my opinion :) The real question shouldn't be, "how does my diet rate?" - it should be asking yourself "how is my flock doing on their current diet, and is there room for improvement?"

I think it sounds like you are offering a lot of variety and good foods to your birds :) If they are happy and healthy, what more is there? ;)

I'm sure people would look at what I offer Ripley and think, "wow, that bird has it all!", But if they saw that compared to what he actually EATS out of that offering... I'd have lots of unsolicited comments about his diet :lol:

I've come to terms with it ;) sorry for the tangent :lol: