• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rat Kids (Feeder Rat Colony for My Snakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
They're supposed to live longer than two years...

Aleu

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I never produced blue dumbo's, so can't speak on that. My blue hoodeds were pretty sweet, but my russian blue was pretty skittish.

Right now I have a litter of Agouti's that are NUTS! One made a death leap from the breeder tub, and has been running loose for 2 weeks now. Cats haven't caught him yet, and I've only seen him once. I thought he was too young to survive (his sibs were still nursing), and the only way for him to get to water is to go to the dog or cat dish (in which case they'd catch him).

I "think" I caught him one time in a live trap, but I found it disassembled in the kitchen floor, so I think the cats inadvertantly released him!
lol are you sure they aren't half ASF rat or something? With regards to the blues, I've had russian blues (berkshires) and a blue hooded. The blue hooded (wouldn't really call her russian blue) is as sweet as can be, but for some reason, the russian blue berkshires were ALL skittish and flighty. I don't think it matters whether they are dumbo or not though. I had standard ear and dumbos and never really noticed a difference.

I haven't noticed a pattern with the agoutis really. They are really sweet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.