• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rapid conure head bobbing

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
my conure has been head bobbing very quickly when i go to pet him. it almost looks like how baby birds head bob when they are being fed. can you tell me what this means? he is about four months old so do you think he is trying to be fed? it doesn't seem painful or aggressive, but i want to make sure i am reading his body language correctly :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
He could either be begging or practising regurgitation..... can you share a video so you can get a definite answer?

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Is your bird being hand-fed at the moment? If so it could be begging for food I think.

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
he's not currently, but he was a little over a month ago.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I get the impression he is showing affection. I don't know a thing about conures so I may way out of line, but if that were my bird, I would say, Thank you, I love you too."

@Mizzely

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Because he seems to be doing it most when your finger is above him like that, I would say he is begging for food. Even though he is 4 months old, sometimes it is a comfort thing.

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Because he seems to be doing it most when your finger is above him like that, I would say he is begging for food. Even though he is 4 months old, sometimes it is a comfort thing.
This is also why I thought so.