• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Random white feather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We just had the disease panel done on Jenks over the holidays just to cover all the bases and to be positive he doesn't have anything. The one we had done tested for several diseases including BPFD and it ran around $170.00. Everything was negative thankfully.
That's not a bad price considering what it covers. I don't think Java has PBFD, and I'm thinking it's just damage from his past, but I wonder why only that feather is affected.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
but I wonder why only that feather is affected.
I know birds will get white tips/coloring on feathers for reasons like molting, stress, or some kind of damage ... Aries would get white tips on some of her tail feathers before they dropped.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd bird had yellow and white feathers in his wings and here and there. I found some feather health oil stuff way back when and eventually they all moulted out and his coloring was normal again. He did have missing damaged flights on one wing too. I asked about pbfd and they said they tested for it ir were sure he didn't have it.
He did make it 31 years with me even as skinny and bad flights as he was so something was going ok for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.